S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

w220 trunk locks immediately after opening.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w220 s320cdi '00
w220 trunk locks immediately after opening.

hello guys,
I'm new on this forum. I'm seeking informatin I can't find on the MB forum in Holland. I'm a Belgian MB lover.
I replaced the vacuumpump in the trunk because it was burned. Since after, when I open the trunk (it's a softclose), which is no problem, the system immediately locks again. So I can't close the trunk anymore. Only by pushing the handle again and pull down the trunk at the right moment.
Perhaps it has to do something with a possible leak. Yes, I have 2 problems after I have changed the pump... The pump keeps on turning after opening and after closing. But the pump stops itself before going into safety. And yes, I searched on this forum for hours and read alot about it. But none have my problem. Perhaps the first problem is the result of the second. And perhaps, by using the key while the pump was broken, there happened someting wrong with the lock..?
I tried testing for leaks, but can't find any. If I shut off the air pipe just before the locking mechanism the pump stops immediately with blowing after I activated the sytem by using the handle.
Thanx in advance for some support!
and I have myself introduced later, because I first wanted to ask my question.
Erik