S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Stars x 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 s 500
Stars x 2

why put on a flat star, when you get the grille with the star, I want them both..whats wrong with that..
Old 11-03-2010, 08:59 PM

2000 S430 140k (07/11)
Nothing wrong with it.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W220 S65 AMG
It looks stupid.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:52 PM

2002 s 500
stupid. is as stupid does, I just bought one, I am going to like it..people do think I am strange..but thats me..
Old 11-05-2010, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
anybody who puts the star in the grille (regardless of whats on the hood) lack taste.

sorry boss.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 blk/blk C63 AMG, 2010 wht/blk c300 sport, 06 c280, 12 Triumph Daytona 675R wht/blk/red
Originally Posted by Oliverk
anybody who puts the star in the grille (regardless of whats on the hood) lack taste.

sorry boss.
whats so bad about the star grille??? i personally have both a stock grill and a star grill both painted flat black and i switch them out every couple days when i get bored of it lol

however, flat hood and stock grille looks nice, flat hood and star grille looks nice, stand up star and star grille cant be that bad. maybe a little repetitive, but hey, its your car, mod it however you want! there is no right and wrong way to do it. in Japan they put HUGE wings on the back of c63 amgs (like Hiro's!) which i actuallly really like. nobody should be able to tell you how to mod your car but you.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 190 Likes on 156 Posts
SL55, S500

Old 11-05-2010, 09:56 PM

2002 s 500
I am going to go for it, twice as nice..nice photo...
Old 11-05-2010, 10:34 PM

2009 blk/blk C63 AMG, 2010 wht/blk c300 sport, 06 c280, 12 Triumph Daytona 675R wht/blk/red
gooo for it bro
Old 11-05-2010, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, S500
Originally Posted by togaduke
I am going to go for it, twice as nice..nice photo...
Well then don't forget the ugly chrome rings around the headlights and why don't you throw another star on the hood. 3 stars is better right!
Old 11-05-2010, 10:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
I saw my first W221 with a star grille the other day. Looked as ****e as it does on the W220.

Flat star and star grille or hood ornament plus blank grille only. Looks terrible any other way.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
2020 AMG GT-R PRO
Sorry that's just disgusting... Haha sorry that's all I got to say about that!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:56 AM

you guys are dicks. if he wants double stars let himm do it.. its hid car and he likes it.. nobody here tells you guys how to mod your cars..
Old 11-06-2010, 11:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by Luke_Geezy
you guys are dicks. if he wants double stars let himm do it.. its hid car and he likes it.. nobody here tells you guys how to mod your cars..
He posted on a public forum. He can do what he wants and we can give our opinions on it.

You should be so lucky to get someone to tell you how to mod your car, because it is without a doubt the ugliest POS I've seen.

You need anymore red on there? Maybe some red tint?

holy god damn that thing is ugly.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:35 PM

He posted on a public forum. He can do what he wants and we can give our opinions on it.

You should be so lucky to get someone to tell you how to mod your car, because it is without a doubt the ugliest POS I've seen.

You need anymore red on there? Maybe some red tint?

holy god damn that thing is ugly.
you sit here making it sound like i painted everything red, the car came stock that red color. what else have i put on the car that is red? one thing. spoke inserts on my wheels, which are coming off when my flat black AMG rims arrive. is mmy grill red? no. are my door pillars red? no. my interior trim is half red half carbon fiber. sorry i dont like brown wood on a car that is all red flat black and carbon fiber. you sit here criticizing other so much, lets see some pictures of your car. thats also your opinion of my car, many members on this forum love my car. you may not like it, but hey, i dont really give a **** because your opinion means as much to me as a 4th grade talent show. i could sit here and rip your cars apart as well, starting with the fact that im 19 and i drive a newer car than you, actually 2 of them at that counting my white 2010 w204. i could also easily say you own one of the ugliest porches they have ever made. but im not going to do that. ill let you have your opinion and ill have mine.

Last edited by Luke_Geezy; 11-06-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
i could sit here and rip your cars apart as well, starting with the fact that im 19 and i drive a newer car than you, actually 2 of them at that counting my white 2010 w204
Oh god, not you as well....Where's that kid who had the $6000 bed again???

He posted on a public forum. He can do what he wants and we can give our opinions on it
Exactly. He was even scouting for opinions!!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Fraser
Oh god, not you as well....Where's that kid who had the $6000 bed again???

Exactly. He was even scouting for opinions!!
$6000 bed??? i dont get what that has to do with any of this.. and yea dont get me wrong i completely understand that he was asking for opinions, but theres a difference. i like it, i dont like it, maybe try this.. thats an opinion with helpful thinking behind it. bashing it left and right doesnt do anything at all but make you guys look like dicks. why even say anything if you're just going to be a dick. i could easily understand a "i dont like it".. but saying someone lacks taste if its not done the way they said it should be done? who do you think you are the king of tastefully modded mercedes? and then the "oh why dont you put 3 stars on the hood and the ugly chrome rings" maybe you may not like it, but he does. ive seen people driving who do actually have those chrome rings, some people like them, some people dont. i dont like them, but thats why i dont have them on my car... but im not the one to tell people whats right and wrong, and i dont go around bashing other peoples cars to make myself feel better about mine either. maybe its just me because thats the way i was raised. if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, S500
$6000 bed??? i dont get what that has to do with any of this.. and yea dont get me wrong i completely understand that he was asking for opinions, but theres a difference. i like it, i dont like it, maybe try this.. thats an opinion with helpful thinking behind it. bashing it left and right doesnt do anything at all but make you guys look like dicks. why even say anything if you're just going to be a dick. i could easily understand a "i dont like it".. but saying someone lacks taste if its not done the way they said it should be done? who do you think you are the king of tastefully modded mercedes? and then the "oh why dont you put 3 stars on the hood and the ugly chrome rings" maybe you may not like it, but he does. ive seen people driving who do actually have those chrome rings, some people like them, some people dont. i dont like them, but thats why i dont have them on my car... but im not the one to tell people whats right and wrong, and i dont go around bashing other peoples cars to make myself feel better about mine either. maybe its just me because thats the way i was raised. if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing.
What I think need to be done:

People with the chrome rings need to go back to Hondas
Old 11-06-2010, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

96 and 08 911 turbos
you sit here making it sound like i painted everything red, the car came stock that red color. what else have i put on the car that is red? one thing. spoke inserts on my wheels, which are coming off when my flat black AMG rims arrive. is mmy grill red? no. are my door pillars red? no. my interior trim is half red half carbon fiber. sorry i dont like brown wood on a car that is all red flat black and carbon fiber. you sit here criticizing other so much, lets see some pictures of your car. thats also your opinion of my car, many members on this forum love my car. you may not like it, but hey, i dont really give a **** because your opinion means as much to me as a 4th grade talent show. i could sit here and rip your cars apart as well, starting with the fact that im 19 and i drive a newer car than you, actually 2 of them at that counting my white 2010 w204. i could also easily say you own one of the ugliest porches they have ever made. but im not going to do that. ill let you have your opinion and ill have mine.
lol, 19 huh? never would have guessed.

So lets see:

I drive one of the ugliest porsches ever made? Amazing how its considered one of the most desirable porsches ever made. Man, porsche enthusiasts must be a blind bunch.

You drive newer cars than me? And? So do I win if i go buy a 2011 kia?

You have a c280 and your dads c300. Excuse me while I **** myself with excitement.

Listen son, I understand living with your parents in east hanover and adding all bunch of goofy red **** to your car (not to mention those cheesy fenders) makes you think you're pretty hot ****...but you aren't.

I suggest you think more about how to pass social studies and less about how to add more ugly **** to your vehicle.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:11 AM

lol, 19 huh? never would have guessed.

So lets see:

I drive one of the ugliest porsches ever made? Amazing how its considered one of the most desirable porsches ever made. Man, porsche enthusiasts must be a blind bunch.

You drive newer cars than me? And? So do I win if i go buy a 2011 kia?

You have a c280 and your dads c300. Excuse me while I **** myself with excitement.

Listen son, I understand living with your parents in east hanover and adding all bunch of goofy red **** to your car (not to mention those cheesy fenders) makes you think you're pretty hot ****...but you aren't.

I suggest you think more about how to pass social studies and less about how to add more ugly **** to your vehicle.
first of all, when did i say i think im hot ****? never. do i think im hot ****? no. i just like my car, and its funny that u talk so much **** about it, because just about everyone i know has complimented me on my car and the work ive done to it. and for your information smart ***, the c300 is mine. not my fathers. secondly i dont live with my parents, i live in an apartment with my girlfriend. lastly, porsche itself as a production is ***. and the fact that you and your enthusiasts consider that car "desirable" is pathetic, the only porsches worth spending money on are a carrera gt, a NEW 911 turbo/gt2/gt3, cayenne gts, and maybe a cayman s. the rest, as you say, "lack taste." ive seen hondas turn more heads than old porsches. if i was given one as a graduation present, i would sell it and buy myself a crotch rocket, and another mercedes. come to think of it, i would take just about any car over your porsche. actually, i take that back. if i was giving your porsche, i would put a brick on the accelerator and let it drive right off a cliff, so there would be one less of those ugly pieces of **** on the road. or at least in the garage because you porsche enthusiats love to let your cars sit in the garage thinking they are such amazing machines that you dont even drive them. its 100% your opinion that you dont like my car, and you can have it. so here is my opinion, your porsche is a piece of trash. and dont call me son. youre not my father, thank god for that. i hope you enjoy fighting with a 19 year old. you must feel soooo cool. tool.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
you are an idiot. I am surprised you can even type, because you sure as ***** can't read.

To quote the OP: "I want them both..whats wrong with that"

He stated his opinion, then asked for explanations for why he might be wrong. These "dicks," as you have so ignorantly labeled them, simply obliged by giving the OP exactly what he requested.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, S500
first of all, when did i say i think im hot ****? never. do i think im hot ****? no. i just like my car, and its funny that u talk so much **** about it, because just about everyone i know has complimented me on my car and the work ive done to it. and for your information smart ***, the c300 is mine. not my fathers. secondly i dont live with my parents, i live in an apartment with my girlfriend. lastly, porsche itself as a production is ***. and the fact that you and your enthusiasts consider that car "desirable" is pathetic, the only porsches worth spending money on are a carrera gt, a NEW 911 turbo/gt2/gt3, cayenne gts, and maybe a cayman s. the rest, as you say, "lack taste." ive seen hondas turn more heads than old porsches. if i was given one as a graduation present, i would sell it and buy myself a crotch rocket, and another mercedes. come to think of it, i would take just about any car over your porsche. actually, i take that back. if i was giving your porsche, i would put a brick on the accelerator and let it drive right off a cliff, so there would be one less of those ugly pieces of **** on the road. or at least in the garage because you porsche enthusiats love to let your cars sit in the garage thinking they are such amazing machines that you dont even drive them. its 100% your opinion that you dont like my car, and you can have it. so here is my opinion, your porsche is a piece of trash. and dont call me son. youre not my father, thank god for that. i hope you enjoy fighting with a 19 year old. you must feel soooo cool. tool.
His Porsche is worth 10 of your red cars, you do know that right?
Old 11-07-2010, 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Das Geld
His Porsche is worth 10 of your red cars, you do know that right?
yes i do know that, but i really dont care what his porsche is worth. if i wanted one, i would get one.. but i dont want one. instead, in 2 years when im out of school. im getting my fathers 08 jaguar xk-r, and he is getting the ferrari 458 italia. that porsche is absolutely worthless to me. thank you.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by i_am_amused
you are an idiot. I am surprised you can even type, because you sure as ***** can't read.

To quote the OP: "I want them both..whats wrong with that"

He stated his opinion, then asked for explanations for why he might be wrong. These "dicks," as you have so ignorantly labeled them, simply obliged by giving the OP exactly what he requested.
ignorantly labeled them? there is a huge difference between someone giving constructive criticism, and someone being a dick. i'm an idiot? you are an absolute moron, because if you had anything other than ***** for brains, you would know that there is a difference. but apparently you don't. and it disgusts me that you middle aged men have to be taught manners by a 19 year old. you guys are pathetic. and you guys call me a child. you are a bunch of snobby douches who think just because you have a benz you can say anything to anyone and be automatically right, so high and holy. absolutely pathetic. grow up.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:25 AM

btw Oliver Kunt, how about you go check out the w203 official c class picture thread sticky, and go thru the pages of people complimenting my car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stars x 2