Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
update - CPO/ELW coverage

Hi guys,

Guess what - CPO/ELW warranty on the V12TT's not as good as I thought. Even though it's zero deductible and I know it doesn't cover trim/consumable parts, I just found this out when they found coolant on the turbo. Of course, I assumed it was covered.

Here's what MB dealer says:

"coolant line leak, and it came up "not covered".
I waited for my warranty administrator and had her help me. She came up with the same result. It seems like they will not cover coolant lines or hoses, oil cooler lines or hoses for that matter. This is one of the engines that needs to come out in order to replace that coolant line seal. I estimate it would be around $3,0000.00 to do this job."
Yikes - NOT COVERED!!!

Patrick
Old 12-02-2010, 05:43 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
W221 2013 s550 Rwd
that sucks, whats your desicion ? you going to have it done? if dealers too much try asking an indy that specializes in these cars , my uncle has fidelity warranty on his 05 s600 , theyre recommended by benz ... there was a noise in the a/c system. i got charged for freon cause they wouldnt pay??
Old 12-03-2010, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
Originally Posted by bzliteyear
Hi guys,

Guess what - CPO/ELW warranty on the V12TT's not as good as I thought. Even though it's zero deductible and I know it doesn't cover trim/consumable parts, I just found this out when they found coolant on the turbo. Of course, I assumed it was covered.

Here's what MB dealer says:

"coolant line leak, and it came up "not covered".
I waited for my warranty administrator and had her help me. She came up with the same result. It seems like they will not cover coolant lines or hoses, oil cooler lines or hoses for that matter. This is one of the engines that needs to come out in order to replace that coolant line seal. I estimate it would be around $3,0000.00 to do this job."
Yikes - NOT COVERED!!!

Patrick
if the coolant was leaking *on* the turbo, I'd say you had a faulty coolant line/hose. but since it is leaking *IN* the turbo, the line/hose is successfully carrying the coolant, it's the coupling at the end that has failed.

no? well, it was worth a try...

and dammit, I've been dreaming about an upgrade to a 600 from my 55, but not with this potential landmine waiting for me. time for a new depreciation-queen dream....
Old 12-03-2010, 09:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
07 E63 06 CLK55 Cab 03 P-car C4S
Funny thing, many people have warned me about the V12TT, including my MB adviser - and frankly, the car being out of service doesn't really bother me (surprisingly). To me, having the car out of service is an inconvenience, but to pay out of pocket bothers me more. Given that I just got the my 2006 CLK55 this week, I'm really enjoying the smaller/nimble chassis and the same V8 as my old S55...so I just wanted the car fixed w/o out of pocket. If I could have had a choice, I would have bought a S55 kompressor with Designo for the superior interior, but those were tough to find - and probably more money than my S600. Will keep you guys updated.
Patrick
Old 12-03-2010, 12:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
Sounds like you haven't had the best of luck so far with your 600

I had heard that some of the 3rd party warranties do cover more than MB's own ones. I believe audio issues were something that MB doesn't cover either but many other warranties do. Of course you don't have the hassle of having another company involved...and the inevitable 'Grr I hate 3rd party warranty companies' groan from your SA!