S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Replacing OEM floormats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
Replacing OEM floormats

So the mats on my '04 600 are looking rather shabby and are in need of replacing, thinking of doing at the end of the winter season. I know the Benz mats aren't superbly brilliant as OEM mats go but I do like to keep everything as OEM as possible.

I've had a poke about the interwebs and it seems a number of places offer them...anyone have any particular recommendations of places to get them from?

KO Performance is the top Google hit (which doesn't always mean a whole lot!) and has a nifty fitment guide with the colour options. Anyone know which colour mine would be? Have attached an interior photo...I assume mine would be one of the "MY04-05 4 MATIC S Class" options since I don't think the 4WD system affects the shape of the floormats

Thanks!

http://www.koperformance.com/mercede...ment_guide.pdf

Old 02-14-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 S430 and 07 E350
I bought replacements floor mats for our 04 S430 directly through the parts counter at my local Mercedes Benz dealer. They are very nice and OEM of course. Exact replacements.

That was about 2 years ago though and I do not remember the part numbers. You could call your benz parts dealer, tell them your year model and color and they should be able to tell you over the phone what #s to look for on the interwebs.

Very nice looking interior on your s600 by the way.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
Very nice looking interior, my S55 has the grey - I'd love to get the wood steering wheel, it makes a nice difference!

As for the mats, I use the OEM Mercedes All-Season mats. They are black and do not match my grey interior, so I am not 100% happy but in the winter they definitely help keep the water/snow at bay.

The OEM carpet mats are the nicest, In my opinion. I just don't use mine because they will get dirty fast, but I wish I could keep them in all year round because of the color, and they say S55 AMG on them which I think is neat.

What didn't you like about the OEM mats? Sometimes they slide around a little bit, but overall I like them.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
Thanks! I do love the colour combo of my 600

I had debating just going to the dealer but figured as with most things OEM they'd be much cheaper online....

The all season mats are certainly more hardy, just I prefer the look and feel of the carpet ones.

The OEM mats aren't too great because as you note they do slip and slide and generally don't wear too well. Has been the same with the carpet maps on MBs we've owned right back to the early 1990s!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Mercedes S55 AMG
Yeah, they do look great but unfortunately slip and wear. I believe they are nearly $150 at the dealer, and the rubber all season mats are about $100 give or take.

There are a few companies, like Lloyd Mats, Weathertech, that do make mats for cars as well - but I really like the OEM look. I even thought about using the OEM carpet mats, and putting some type of clear plastic over them to protect them.

The black rubber mats really don't mesh well with my grey interior, and they are hard to fully clean too!