It's Official....Eurocharged Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
Originally Posted by Vabene7
Honestly, I cannot say for certain because we didn't dyno the car yet.
I may be off with my hp/tq estimates by a little....but hopefully not all that much....

P.S.... This is the place I went to have the ECU software installed and ABC work done - Broadway Performance (NJ). I had such a great experience....
The owner, John, is no joke with our cars. Knowledgeable, trustworthy and honest.
is your car there now? I think I saw it last night....
Old 11-22-2011, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
opposite-lock...
Hey Chris-

Not that it matters but curious what if any MPG impact there may have been? I know in some software tuning instances mileage even improves somewhat.

Did you also do your TCU?
Old 11-23-2011, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
S600, GL450, Audi A5 Cab
Originally Posted by Sgt. Schultz
Hey Chris-

Not that it matters but curious what if any MPG impact there may have been? I know in some software tuning instances mileage even improves somewhat.

I have the EC tune Sargant Shultz, love the name by the way.

Anyway, I drove out to Chicago to get it. Averaged 21 on the way out, average 20.9 on the way back, but with ALOT more fun.

Mileage for me has stayed EXACTLY the same for the interstate.

Local has come down, but that is because NOW I drive it like I stole it

Just way too much fun seeing the expression on peoples face when I light them up from a stop

Also, one ALWAYS has to keep those pisky Corvettes at bay

I do not have their TCU yet, but it IS on the way soon.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:24 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Originally Posted by djrabbi
is your car there now? I think I saw it last night....
Yup. She is there to get tire replacement, Service B, new Eurocharged tune for the modified exhaust and to level her out ( she was sitting a bit low on the passenger side when we lowered her the last time). You can always tell it's mine by the license plates....M5KLLR......I will up there on Friday to pick her up.
Do you live in the area, or just friends with John Nouri?
John Nouri at Broadway Performance kicks butt!

Hey Chris-

My MPG improved to about 19-20 when driving with the cruise control on at 60mph. I can honestly say that I do not drive at that speed almost ever when I'm in that car. After John's exhaust mod and EC's ECU tune, the car sounds too mean and pulls too hard, to drive slowly.....
The TCU mod has not been done yet. It will be the next mod on my car.

-Chris

Last edited by Vabene7; 11-23-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:56 PM

opposite-lock...
Geebus - I've gotten 12.2 and 12.7 on my first bunch of tanks, which consist of 1/2 hwy 1/2 city, equal amounts of babying & WOT. I'd love to see a few ticks more, that was a bit of a kick in the nutes just getting this thing.

que sera sera, I s'pose 8-)

Thanks for the feedback on the ECU/TCU - I hope to get on that endeavor soon, tho need to figure out logistics now that I sold my spare car... can't send out ECU/TCU and be sans car anymore 8-/.

Unless I commute in the TR3 in December?

D'oh.

Chris, for the love of Santa - when TF are we going to get a REAL impression of your exhaust, both regular and bypassed???

Inquiring mindz wanna KNOW 8-)

!!!!!

I cannot wait to lower mine a bit, my to-do list once the holiday passes just keeps growing.

Funny Mr.AMG... we both have similar garages heh heh. Great mindz! Glad you appreciate my SN... it's quite fitting of the shenanigans typically ensuing in and around, well, me 8-)... Just Not Right.

Last edited by Sgt. Schultz; 11-23-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
Almost counter intuitive, but now that I have the Eurocharged tune I drive the car more civil then I did before. I think it is because I know that it is simply a rocket and I have nothing else to prove to anyone. I honestly think that my MPG has actually improved. Once in a while I will punch it with my friends inside and watch them squirm as they try to deal with the g-force. My friend called it a Loco Locomotive last night. We officially renamed my car to 'The Pain Train'.

The TCU tune was well worth it! The way the S600 shifts now reminds me of how my E55 used to shift. The car definitely drives and shifts with much more authority.

The ECU/TCU is simply a must on the S600. I couldn't be happier with this combo. Most importantly I have almost no turbo lag which alone is worth doing all this, the crazy HP/TQ is just an insane icing on the cake.

With all this said, it is mandatory with these mods to have good tires, else traction engages all the time. I had to get a set of Michelin Super Sport tires and now they grip well enough for some serious launches when necessary. Before on the old set of tires I used to break the rear end loose at 60+ mph after the tunes.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:36 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
Geebus - I've gotten 12.2 and 12.7 on my first bunch of tanks, which consist of 1/2 hwy 1/2 city, equal amounts of babying & WOT. I'd love to see a few ticks more, that was a bit of a kick in the nutes just getting this thing.

que sera sera, I s'pose 8-)

Thanks for the feedback on the ECU/TCU - I hope to get on that endeavor soon, tho need to figure out logistics now that I sold my spare car... can't send out ECU/TCU and be sans car anymore 8-/.

Unless I commute in the TR3 in December?

D'oh.

Chris, for the love of Santa - when TF are we going to get a REAL impression of your exhaust, both regular and bypassed???

Inquiring mindz wanna KNOW 8-)

!!!!!

I cannot wait to lower mine a bit, my to-do list once the holiday passes just keeps growing.

Funny Mr.AMG... we both have similar garages heh heh. Great mindz! Glad you appreciate my SN... it's quite fitting of the shenanigans typically ensuing in and around, well, me 8-)... Just Not Right.
My true thoughts are that she is still almost as quiet as stock when the exhaust cutouts are closed because the exhaust flow goes through the OEM mufflers (we took off the resonators). And when I open the electric exhaust cutouts, it's noticeably louder, but not as much as you may think. That is due to the two turbos quieting the exhaust note. Don't get me wrong, it still turns heads when I roll hard on the throttle. I also find myself manually shifting and downshifting way more often with the exhaust louder.
For me, it was a fantastic mod. I love it.

And the ECU tune can be done at a performance shop affiliated with Eurocharged, while you wait. The TCU must be sent out to tune it....
When John at Broadway Performance in NJ tuned my car, he did it while I was sitting right next to him in the car. Plugged into the OBD port with his Eurocharged computer, waited for Jerry to send him the tune and presto, done.

Originally Posted by DirtyVegasMB
Almost counter intuitive, but now that I have the Eurocharged tune I drive the car more civil then I did before. I think it is because I know that it is simply a rocket and I have nothing else to prove to anyone. I honestly think that my MPG has actually improved. Once in a while I will punch it with my friends inside and watch them squirm as they try to deal with the g-force. My friend called it a Loco Locomotive last night. We officially renamed my car to 'The Pain Train'.

The TCU tune was well worth it! The way the S600 shifts now reminds me of how my E55 used to shift. The car definitely drives and shifts with much more authority.

The ECU/TCU is simply a must on the S600. I couldn't be happier with this combo. Most importantly I have almost no turbo lag which alone is worth doing all this, the crazy HP/TQ is just an insane icing on the cake.

With all this said, it is mandatory with these mods to have good tires, else traction engages all the time. I had to get a set of Michelin Super Sport tires and now they grip well enough for some serious launches when necessary. Before on the old set of tires I used to break the rear end loose at 60+ mph after the tunes.
I was glad to hear you give your opinion on the TCU mod from EC. I was hoping to hear some positive feedback from someone who drives the S600 and has the trans tune in their car.
Does the lack of turbo lag come from the ECU or TCU tune or both?

Last edited by Vabene7; 11-24-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I live up the road from his shop. My wheels were stolen so he is helping me out getting me new set of wheels from insurance! Maybe we can meet up and just chat up. Always great to meet new ppl!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:03 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
I live up the road from his shop. My wheels were stolen so he is helping me out getting me new set of wheels from insurance! Maybe we can meet up and just chat up. Always great to meet new ppl!
I will be there at 1pm tomorrow.....prob be there for an hour if you wanted to stop over.
Old 11-24-2011, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If I am back from Philly, will def. drop by....I am going to get the ECU/TCU tune from him next week with the black friday sale from eurocharged
Old 11-25-2011, 02:31 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
'21 GLC63, '19 M5
The ECU took care of the turbo lag for me. The TCU allows for stronger and faster shifts and feels more AMG like than before. As I said, I feel like the car shifts as my E55 did, which I love.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:35 PM

Garage Temporarily Empty
If I am back from Philly, will def. drop by....I am going to get the ECU/TCU tune from him next week with the black friday sale from eurocharged
I am sorry to report that I never made it up there today. John had a small problem with their tire mounting machine and got delayed, so I missed my window to drive up there (it's and hour & 30 minutes, one way).
So we had to flatbed the car down to me rather thank me going to pick it up.
I will let you know next time I'm up that way....

Sorry to hear about your wheels. Good luck.

-Chris