S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

omg nooo i cant beleive this happned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 01:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by electromethod
this thread is so lame it's pathetic....
What the hell do you expect after reading through the first 6 pages of this thread? There's only so many points you can cover before everyone starts repeating other posts. Eventually new material gets presented, mainly off-topic. Get over it.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1998 C230
if you would stop it with the personal attacks about a persons car and their ability to read/follow threads this stuff would end. but i'd like for you to quote yourself where you said 'wow' factor between c and s class had to deal with expensiveness and not everything else which makes up the 'wow' factor of a car

cuz when you say things like..........

You can't really compare your experience of driving a C class with some of the other people who are driving S classes. Nobody is wowed by a C class, but that cannot be said for the S. The C class is appropriate for college/highschool students, but not an S. That's the center of the argument here.

.............one can only deduct so many things from that statement
Old 06-04-2003, 01:59 AM

I am more than positve that I cleared up any misunderstandings in my subsequent post. But for some reason, you can't get past this particular quote. Move on.

Wow factor *can* include:
Price Tag - obvious
Luxuriousness
Attention
Status/Exclusiveness/Prestige

Yes, some of these are vain but these reasons determine which car gets vandalized. If you are a vandal, are you gonna go for the C230 or the CL500? Or better yet, the S600 or the Ferrari spider?

Last edited by internet_mafia; 06-04-2003 at 02:04 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 02:05 AM

C32 AMG
Originally posted by internet_mafia
I am more than positve that I cleared up any misunderstandings in my subsequent post. But for some reason, you can't get past this particular quote. Move on.

Wow factor *can* include:
Price Tag - obvious
Luxuriousness
Attention
Status/Exclusiveness/Prestige

Yes, some of these are vain but these reasons determine which car gets vandalized. If you are a vandal, are gonna go for the C230 or the CL500? Or better yet, the S600 or the Ferrari spider?
agreed
Old 06-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Banned

1993 Mercedes Benz 600SEL, 2003 MB E320

After reading this whole thread I am so outraged I thought this post would be necessary. You Americans are unbelievable. I wish Mercedes never sold their cars in the US – you have cheapened their image with both your people and Chrysler. What ever happened to the Mercedes Benz of the 1960’s, 1970’s and 1980’s – famous for their supreme quality, unsurpassed image and relatively rarity? The Americans destroyed Mercedes Benz and I am furious about it.

Some of you on this message board are sensible but others of you are such *******!! To that majority, you are liars, exaggerators, arrogant, vain, pompous trash – Many of which probably lie through their nose. In fact, I think it is fairly obvious that most of you lie, for example a typical member on this board –

“Oh yes I have my Mercedes Benz S600 which is armoured and comes with all the extras for a great deal – US$500k just for driving to the mail box. Oh and in my garage I have a personally commissioned Bentley Continental R with Mulliner enhancements for pimpin’ around on Friday nights, a Sports Utility Vehicle Ferrari with missile launchers and a 100000-Watt hi-fi system that I drive around with my harem of Penthouse Pets.

Did I mention I got top of the country in all my subjects at university? I think most of you would love to know what I have got seeing I am the centre of this universe and everyone loves me because of my Mercedes Benz SL55 with chrome wheels and a flamethrower. On the side I run a multi trillion-dollar business empire all over the Internet and I am such a genius that I don’t even need headquarters to do so.

I am really not an arrogant person at all. When I drive into my university I purposely put the windows of my CL600 with solid gold alloy wheels and platinum exhaust tip up so nobody thinks I am showing off. I also turn my Eminem sound track down so nobody thinks I am showing off my sound system. My friend’s cousin’s sister’s dog’s owner’s brother’s cat’s breeder owns a MB 2001 (GASP) S500. I feel really sorry for people down in the dumps like that – imagine not being able to replace your car every single year.”

I am so infuriated by some of your comments. Your audacity to brag and lie as well as other obscene commentry astounds me. For example

You can't really compare your experience of driving a C class with some of the other people who are driving S classes. Nobody is wowed by a C class, but that cannot be said for the S. The C class is appropriate for college/highschool students, but not an S. That's the center of the argument here.
Well sorry MR EXPECTANT - what is a MB A-Class for? A preschooler? I wasn't aware Mercedes even targeted their cars to such a young demographic - certainly to over 30s but definitely less so anywhere else in the world.

Dude, shut the F*** up.

You obviously don't live in LA. An 18 year old in an S class that's basically stock and also not the current model year? That is not impressive at all. It is VERY hard to outdo anyone in LA.

Check out the BMW forums.. 18, 19 year old drives brand new M3's with extra $20k invested.

And also, for f*ck sakes, stop making statements about mercedes owners. If you EVER get a chance to attend a bnzsport or mbworld meet, you will see that MANY owners on the msg boards are under the age of 30 driving modified benz's

Your S class aint *****. My s class put yours to shame. My SL500 puts your to shame. My brother's 745i on 22's puts your car to shame. So stop trying to make yourself feel good. You're *******g small potato's.

Violence is RARELY random. tmushy obviously has people that hates his ***. That's why his ***** gets vandalized. He deserves every key mark, dent, broken window if his attitude on this msg board is any evidence of his character.

Stop trying to pimp your parents car and start saving up for college, little boy.
I agree totally with wmak8:

You two clowns (Apricotscrub and Tmushy) are the cause of this "hate" issue. This hate issue that you need to resolve basically comes from your and Apricotscrub's posts. Go back re-read your own posts. If I remember correctly, it was Apricotscrub who posted "can't wait for my fully loaded s430, when i bring that into the high school parking lot....................... ITS OVER". If that's not arrogance, I don't know what is. You guys do this to yourselves. You guys brag about everything. Hell, you even bragged about your car being keyed. If my car got keyed and I knew I was "hated" by this all these people on this board, I wouldn't have even mentioned a word about it. Same thing with your post about your wheels. By telling everyone that you scratched them opens you up to negative comments from your "haters". You guys remind me of little children who yell and scream just to get an adult's attention.
quote:

Originally posted by apricotscrub

so you got the nicest car on the road just like mine, yeah the only difference btwn us and everyone else, is that all other dudes stepping out of nice cars are all looking like they are 40, 50, 60 or even 70, noone close to our age has nething close.

You guys make too many generalizations and assumptions about s-class owners or any car owners. And just because you own an S-class, you think you are king. It is both your attitudes that provokes all this "hate" that you feel. This same attitude is probably why your car got keyed. You guys are too arrogant about your cars. No matter how good you think your car is, there is someone out there who has something ten times better. You guys need to learn how to be humble. This board is for Mercedes Benz enthusiasts, not braggers.

You Americans may have money but most of you are classless – you are in a class of your own, the try-hard class.

BTW I HATE the way you list your cars down the end of your quotes – I bet if there was a section for ***** size you would be putting figures like 2 or 3 foot in. Am I wrong?

Last edited by n_gillis; 06-04-2003 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 05:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1998 C230
next time save us all the trouble and yourself by just saying that (what you said up there) rather then making an attack w/ a general statement ^_^

Last edited by Rincewind; 06-04-2003 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:31 AM
Banned

No, I think the attack was necessary to convey my message

Old 06-04-2003, 08:08 AM
moomeh

gillis, huge post but i enjoyed reading it

Old 06-04-2003, 10:25 AM
Almost a Member!

2000 C280 Sport
Gillis,
Point conveyed. Ha Ha. Enjoyed it.
You are right to some extent. The shallow people to whom you are referring know who they are and hopefully get your point.

However, I would like to make it clear that this would be the minority.

You Americans may have money but most of you are classless – you are in a class of your own, the try-hard class.
Most of us? Cmon. That’s like me saying the French are beret wearing surrender monkeys. Sense Less.

I have found arrogant self-indulged people all over this world.

MB A-Class for a preschooler? HA!! I love it.

Now that I am 32 I guess I should be trading in my C-Class for an S? I think that’s right, or was 32 an M....?

-B-
Old 06-04-2003, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1998 C230
oh i meant internet mafia

not you gillis
Old 06-04-2003, 04:31 PM

2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
Originally posted by KurumaGOD
I agree with this one
Old 06-04-2003, 06:26 PM

1996 C220 (W202) and E320 (w210)
pointless...
absolutely pointless....
on one hand we have the man who boasts about his 100k s class and makes the cheaper (but not necessarily inferior) C-class look like **** (vandalism wise... watch out). so if you see 5 hona civics parked on the street and a few old domestic cars. then suddenly you see a GERMAN MERCEDES parked there.. do u seriously think it wouldnt get keyed??? as much as an s-class??? HAHA i cant even imagine it... the vandals saying to themselves (no... a $30k c230k is nothing, its not worth keying it) so even the vandals are rich minded trhemselves!
on the other hand we have the C class owner (myself included) "offended" by that comment made by the s-class owner.
then comes the occasional guy aggreeing with some of the posts and adding "this thread sucks" and ......
WHOA
we suddenly jump to
You Americans are unbelievable. I wish Mercedes never sold their cars in the US – you have cheapened their image with both your people and Chrysler
what the **** are you on about? go on home with that comment. speak for urself, we dont need it
seeing it from a middle-class person's view, a 17 year old high school student shouldnt even have a mercedes. not even the A class.
he should be getting one of those cheap imports or a second hand car (my first car was a second hand 2000$ ford fiesta). then he should work his way up the ladder (until he reaches 40 when he can buy the S-class) and i am setting 40 as a MINIMUM age to get the s-class. that car was made for old people seeking for luxury and confort. you 30 year olds, how the **** can you want an S-class when you have all the cars in the world for way less than 100k??!?!? (if at the age of 20-30 you already have an s-class what do u expect to have when you are 50-60?) just wait ppl ...
and in the end, here we are stabbing each others backs for nothing...
pointless...
lets just break this up (like it was a long time ago)
Old 06-04-2003, 06:41 PM
Banned

Withdrawal of comment

OK OK I admit I went a bit overboard - I withdraw my "most Americans are classless" comment. Instead I will fix the figure at 50% of Americans are classless
Old 06-04-2003, 07:12 PM
Banned

explanation

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You Americans are unbelievable. I wish Mercedes never sold their cars in the US – you have cheapened their image with both your people and Chrysler
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what the **** are you on about? go on home with that comment. speak for urself, we dont need it
seeing it from a middle-class person's view, a 17 year old high school student shouldnt even have a mercedes. not even the A class.

I WILL TELL YOU WHAT THE FU<K I AM ON ABOUT!!!

Ever since the merger with Chrysler in 1997 MB quality has been atrocious - nothing like the old school cars. The first car we saw was the M-Class, a quality disaster and no matter how much Mercedes updates and fixes these quality glitches it will never be a quality Mercedes. Also the M-Class is made in the USA (Texas???)

Then we saw the new MB S-Class with shoddy plastics and that quality eye to detail that just wasn't there anymore (the updated S-Class has fixed some of these issues but you still can't compare the W220 to the W140 or W126 in terms of quality)

Lastly when I say your people have destroyed the image of Mercedes Benz I mean it. Look at all your brash pop stars, actors etc who have given MB a cheap name. Not to mention some of the wealthier general public with their garish images (I have seen how many of you modify your Mercedes cars - disgraceful!!!) and how many of buffoons there are in the US willing to believe that your MB cars are beautiful.

The US has a wonderful way of destroying car companies images – just look what has happened to Bentley, the new Mercedes-Benz cars, Porsche (your obsession with SUV created the CAYENNE) etc.

Anything that has a “big” image the US destroys. My family have always bought Mercedes Benz cars - not always new ones but we have liked their values, their heritage and their image. I'm not so sure about today's cars though. There was once a time when you drove a MB that you commanded respect, people gave you respect because they knew you had good taste and were refined. That is still the case in many countries today – my father still has one of the W116 450SEL in mint condition, you are treated differently driving one of them – people call you sir, are polite to you on the road etc. My wife bought a new E320 a few months ago (much to my dismay, but I will admit it is a beautiful car to drive) and people treat us with such rudeness in that car - taking our parking spot, not making space for us when merging etc. My 1993 600SEL doesn’t really stand out – I don’t get attention unless passer bys really look hard at the car. I like that in a car.

That is one of the reasons Audi and Volkswagen will never be too successful in the US – they are too understated for much of you. Maybe next time one of you is on the lookout for a new car (in the next few weeks I suspect for many of you), you could try to pass up the MB CL-Class with rocket launchers and look at the new Audi A8 or Volkswagen Phaeton – absolutely beautiful cars. You would be leaving that “image” behind as well and moving on to better things.

Long live the old guard MB cars, as for the new ones – they don’t get my approval for the moment, maybe the new S-Class will change things in 2005.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL55
coudlnt help but post ..
am 19 .. aha ?
ok .. so ? WHAT THE ****
here, i know of a guy w/o a driving license [its 18 in kuwait] who drives a 4.6iS X5
another who just turned 18 and drives a 360 spider..
damn i can keep on and on and on .. and .. u get the idea
am happy i have the privelage to drive those 3 cars..
did i buy them myself? ofcourse not
id be happy if i could afford "MYSELF" some 19" rims for the S.. but can i ? no .. and no we're not rich .. we just know what and when to get
if ur wondering how come am driving these cars .. and yes.. am saying i do OWN them .. its coz i have a dad whos more interested in cars than me, u, the guy u just saw across the street, and every1 on this forum combined..
enough said; make a long story short
tmushy do the world a favor, go **** urself
apricot-whatever u wait in line, am still waiting for "that" post so i can tell u to go **** yourself too .. but until then, ill just say :
shove that S-class ur bragging about up ur ***, and make it stay there
Old 06-04-2003, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
All right, children, enough is enough. BTW, a Mercedes Benz is a Mercedes Benz regardless of what class it is IMO. Just because you drive the big S-Class doesn't make you any better for someone who perfers the smaller C-Class. You cannot judge anyone just as you cannot judge a book just from its cover. Cool off and stop calling other MB owners names or insult their knowledges. We are just a group who happen to appreciate the quality or bad press of these great vechiles.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:09 PM

right.....(we cant argue with this kid) said that....
gillin (or whatever is your name)
fist things first. im not american so im not trying to defend that by any way. what pisses me off is you bringing this "nationalistic" thing up.
Is mercedes benz's name tarnished in anyway?? is porsches?!!? these will never lose their "image" and prestige, u know why? because everybody (i mean EVERYBODY) knows what these makes are, will always know that they have made and will make excellent cars. you dont need a "brash por-star" to destroy a make's image. the make itself takes care of that wheter or not it decides to make worst cars.
i would say that mercedes-benz has a reinforced worldwide recognition and prestige thanks to all the several famous people (not only american, including politicians) which have made an unvoluntary propaganda out of the make. i 'll remind you that mercedes benz had a big problem back in 1992 when it was in huge debts and its cars were not selling much. after conglomerising and introducing itself more in the us market, mercedes benz is one, if not the most known makes of car and has very large sales figures in its car sector. now, im not saying mercedes benz became popular by the end of the century, not at all. i agree with you that the pre-1990s cars were way better than now. but do you seriously think the quality has decreased because of "the americans"?? that is a thought very common of a british person who will always try to find a way to criticise an american (that is true, just dont argue with this). Mercedes benz sought to reduce production costs by introducing cheaper components and so to be able to reduce the final price of the product to make it more accesibel to the lower-class people and thus saving itself from filing for chapter 11 (which by the way was very near off doing..) thats why you can afford a c-class for less than 25k.

There was once a time when you drove a MB that you commanded respect, people gave you respect because they knew you had good taste and were refined. That is still the case in many countries today – my father still has one of the W116 450SEL in mint condition, you are treated differently driving one of them – people call you sir, are polite to you on the road etc. My wife bought a new E320 a few months ago (much to my dismay, but I will admit it is a beautiful car to drive) and people treat us with such rudeness in that car - taking our parking spot, not making space for us when merging etc.
you are the perfect example of the ridiculousness and pompousness that lives amongst mankind.
are you really that stuck-up that you demand "respect" from other people when you drive your car? DO U REALLY THINK THAT BY DRIVING A ROLLS ROYCE THROUGH THE STREET YOU WILL SEE PEOPLE COMING UP AT YOU CALLING YOU "sir" and "making space for you when merging". DO YOU THINK YOU OWN THE ROAD OR DESERVE OTHER PEOPLES DISCOMFORT FOR GIVING WAY IN THE ROAD TO YOUR GOOD CAR???
then you go call americans buffons... just take a second look at what you wrote... disgraceful...
Old 06-04-2003, 08:11 PM

dtkw ur totally right . thats what i was trying to say, but i didnt manage to do lets just break it off .
Old 06-04-2003, 10:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1998 C230
All right, children, enough is enough. BTW, a Mercedes Benz is a Mercedes Benz regardless of what class it is IMO. Just because you drive the big S-Class doesn't make you any better for someone who perfers the smaller C-Class. You cannot judge anyone just as you cannot judge a book just from its cover. Cool off and stop calling other MB owners names or insult their knowledges. We are just a group who happen to appreciate the quality or bad press of these great vechiles.

i vote you for prez
Old 06-04-2003, 11:29 PM

C32 AMG
wow...i have come to the conclusion that n_gillis is just an *** hole. Did you just come on this board to insult Americans?
Where are you from? Let us know so we can make up some bull **** about your country too.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
damn u non americans die die die!!! KKK!!!! long live hhitler
Old 06-05-2003, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1986 560SEL, 97 BMW 740iL
All right, Tpliquid, you're way out of line!!!
Old 06-05-2003, 02:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
Enough.