S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

omg nooo i cant beleive this happned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2003, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 CLS 550
omg nooo i cant beleive this happned

ight hers the story i go to private school and i drive my car there. if theres no parking spots available they make us park on this specific street ( they dont allow us to park on a public streets becuase there trying to please the neightbors so they can get permission to build a new school) neways today i had to park on that specific street. i came back somebody keyed my s500 on both sides really really bad!!

now is this my schools fault and should they be held responsible since they make us park on that street?

ps if we park on the public street we get a detention
ne help would be appreciated thank u
Old 05-16-2003, 10:44 PM

Re: omg nooo i cant beleive this happned

Originally posted by tmushy
ight hers the story i go to private school and i drive my car there. if theres no parking spots available they make us park on this specific street ( they dont allow us to park on a public streets becuase there trying to please the neightbors so they can get permission to build a new school) neways today i had to park on that specific street. i came back somebody keyed my s500 on both sides really really bad!!

now is this my schools fault and should they be held responsible since they make us park on that street?

ps if we park on the public street we get a detention
ne help would be appreciated thank u
Jealousy is an ugly demon. I am more than 100% sure that the reason your car got keyed up is because of your flashy rims. Otherwise, the onlookers would have left it alone. Why you choose to drive an expensive luxury car to high-school is your choice, but you cannot assume that because you couldn't get to park in your "safe" spot that the responsibility is on the school. You don't have a case at all because the school is not liable for anything that happens outside of its property or the recklesness of others on their property.
Old 05-16-2003, 10:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HAH
no sympathy

That's what happens when you drive your parents car to school!

I hope you don't get grounded! No internet for you!
Old 05-17-2003, 12:35 AM

I used to drive a c230 to school (when i used to be in high school) and used to be scared someone would key that, and everybody told me "dont get the benz, someone will key it...." but I lucked out and no one keyed it. Worst thing that happened was someone spit on it. I still think I was dumb for taking it tho, drive a honda to high school... Im soooo happy Im done with high school
Old 05-17-2003, 12:40 AM

MetroCard
Originally posted by jl88
HAH
no sympathy

That's what happens when you drive your parents car to school!

I hope you don't get grounded! No internet for you!
That guy claims he made his money at 16 and paid for the car all by himself. Hes so full of ****
Old 05-17-2003, 01:48 AM

sorry about that tmushy, I'm not that surprised, anyone under 45 driving one of those is kinda outta this world, and people will just not understand what is going on (its crazy) . that sucks real bad
I hope it doesnt happen to my s-class too when i bring it to school. I know now to pretend i don't really care about the car and act at everyone's level. I used to get kinda a big head about it, but it was stupid. Even still i bet there are just retarded kids who would key it if they had the chance, thats a risk i take, but since i have full comprehensive on my car, its a risk my insurance company takes, hell i pay 600$ a month for that car after like 70% in discounts and safety. Your insurance should cover it.

Chris

Last edited by apricotscrub; 05-17-2003 at 01:51 AM.
Old 05-17-2003, 02:28 AM

2012 CLS 550
well heres what endd up happening
i filed a police report so i can claim insurance on it. turns out my insurance wont go up because california has some victimless crime bill ( thats what i understood from the lawyer) so ill just pay my deductable and get my car repainted
Old 05-17-2003, 02:37 AM
Almost a Member!

04 Maybach62, 00 S500, 03 CL600, 03 Range Rover Vogue, 04' Lamborghini Gallardo, 03 CLK500, 04 760Li
Luxury cars for teenagers

My son drives his C-Class to private school here in Australia, his has been keyed at least half a dozen times, we suspect by some of his less well off and envious class mates. My question is why should rich individuals have to be embarrassed by the fact that they can afford to buy there kids a nice car. I bought the vehicle for hime because I believed that it was the safest and most reliable car available. The real problem is the children of blue collar workers who are taught to hate the rich instead of applauding them for what they have worked hard to recieve and hoping to do the same some day. I know you will probably say that my son has done nothing to 'earn' his car but it is my choice how to spend my money and what eighteen year old would knock back a Benz for their first car, besides if he didn't drive that then hed have to take the SL and I'm sure that would cause an even bigger issue.
Old 05-17-2003, 03:32 AM

maybach, if i had a credit history, i'd get a lease on the 2003 SL, thats like my dream car

tmushy, thats good to hear, your 2000 prolly needed a new paint job any ways, mine does, all scratches in it, im getting it buffed later this month and hood and bumper and a fender repainted due to the highway chips, i wish i had a new paint job
Old 05-17-2003, 03:36 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by apricotscrub
...anyone under 45 driving one of those is kinda outta this world, and people will just not understand what is going on (its crazy) . that sucks real bad
I hope it doesnt happen to my s-class too when i bring it to school. I know now to pretend i don't really care about the car and act at everyone's level. I used to get kinda a big head about it, but it was stupid...Chris
Let's be careful here. To say that anyone under 45 who drives an S-class is out of this world is very presumptuous...and ridiculous. I live, go to school, and work in the Silicon Valley and a few years back when the Dot Com companies were strong, many "young" people had S-classes. They were very common. I'm 21 and just bought mine and I don't think I'm out of this world.

apricotscrub, if you don't want that to happen to you, there's a simple solution. Don't bring your car to school! Ever thought of that? Also, you seem to be overly self-confident. You pretend to not care about the car and lower yourself to other people's level? Do you honestly believe that you're superior? Please tell me this, would you feel as superior if you didn't own an S-class?

Originally posted by maybach My son drives his C-Class to private school here in Australia, his has been keyed at least half a dozen times, we suspect by some of his less well off and envious class mates. My question is why should rich individuals have to be embarrassed by the fact that they can afford to buy there kids a nice car. I bought the vehicle for hime because I believed that it was the safest and most reliable car available. The real problem is the children of blue collar workers who are taught to hate the rich instead of applauding them for what they have worked hard to recieve and hoping to do the same some day. I know you will probably say that my son has done nothing to 'earn' his car but it is my choice how to spend my money and what eighteen year old would knock back a Benz for their first car, besides if he didn't drive that then hed have to take the SL and I'm sure that would cause an even bigger issue.
With all due respect, maybach, I do not agree with you. I believe that there is a difference between envy and jealousy. Jealousy, to me, is derogative envy. About your son's car, it's really too bad that it got keyed but has it ever occured to you that he may have somewhat provoked it or do you feel that less financially able kids are naturally jealous? Here's why I ask. About 6-7 years ago when I was in High School, there was this kid with a beautiful Lexus GS 300. It was the best car on the lot, actually. I had a VW Jetta so I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious...in fact, many people were. Going back to this kid, he always had to show off by turning up the radio or driving by really fast and sometimes both. To make the story short, that car ended up with broken windows and the "tags" of the vandalizers on the body. Oh yeah, the tires were slashed, too. So going back to your son, do you think he might have showed off a little? I mean, obviously, you're not with him at school so how would you know for sure that he's just unlucky?

You asked why rich people should feel embarrassed to be able to buy their children nice cars and, well, you shouldn't be. In fact, you should be proud. I believe the real issue here is modesty (or lack thereof). If one is rich, great, but he/she would be a more likeable person if he/she kept modest. You said that the problem is poorer people teaching their kids to hate the rich and I totally disagree. My parents are not rich and NEVER taught me to hate. I actually do applaud the successful because if they like you, they'll be more inclined to help you get to their level.

I think in that in cases like these we should look at ourselves first before blaming others. Nobody needs enemies in life.

PS. maybach, let me say that I do ENVY you...I wish my father was as wealthy as you are.

PPS. tmushy, after reading my post, do you see yourself in the kid in my story?
Old 05-17-2003, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Originally posted by tmushy
well heres what endd up happening
i filed a police report so i can claim insurance on it. turns out my insurance wont go up because california has some victimless crime bill ( thats what i understood from the lawyer) so ill just pay my deductable and get my car repainted
Paint it red
Old 05-17-2003, 03:55 AM

i'd ask for a designo repaint from benz
Old 05-17-2003, 06:40 AM
Guest0001

that sucks man. but you should know better than to take your S class to high school. come one, what the **** are you thinking man? and especially if its nicely fixed up you are more than asking for it. this is why you have low key beater car for situations like this.

i am glad i got my car after high school. i go to college now and i park my C320 and i never got keyed or anything :knocking on wood:. The reason being is i dont floor my car out of the parking lor bump my music with all my windows down. and i act cool to people and am never c0cky or stuck up. and college is a different atmosphere and most people are a bit more mature and dont do childish things like that. and i always park my car next to other cars that are in its class. like a bimmer or audi. also another reason i dont fix up my car is for reasons like this. your just asking to get hated on. on of my friends has a fixed up E class and he gets keyed left and right. but my other friend who who has a stock clk, it does not happen.

another bit of advice is- you have to act cool to everyone and not **** people off. since you have a benz you are already a target and all you have to do is give people an incentive to do something to you. also bumpin your music with all windows down with subs and amps is another way you will get hateful attention. also dont floor your car infront of school and **** like that! ur stupid if you do

chances are you probably acted arrrogantly about ur car at one point. most of the time when you get it keyed is from someone you know. i dont think people would just key your car randomly.

hope you get it fixed, and you have to understand that the more **** you do to ur car, the more **** ur gonna go thru

just my .02

p.s. there is this guy at my school that comes in a CL600 (my dream car) and he acts like the biggest ******. and guess what? nice big loong key marks and broken windows. im glad it happened. but if the guy was cool and acted nice and not stuck up the chances of him being keyed would be slim to none

Last edited by Guest0001; 05-17-2003 at 06:56 AM.

Old 05-17-2003, 10:40 AM

I have an idea. For those times when one needs to park in a bad part of town, or at school for those who attend, how about a stick-on faux key scratch decal. You know, something that makes it look like the car has already been keyed. Thus, the scoundrels who like to key expensive cars will assume the dastardly deed has already been done. Once you're back home, you just peel it off.

I'm just kidding of course.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:09 PM

noblert is dead on
Old 05-17-2003, 12:14 PM

2012 CLS 550
paint it red lol
actually im not that kind of type that is arrogant and i dont have ne enemies at school. (i have a very small school ihave 30 kids in senior class) so we really dont get in fights. i think it was someone form the adult school across the street.

we did hav an old mazda that i used to drive but my father gave it to his sister.

but im kind of happy it happened ill get a new paint job and deductable is only 500
Old 05-17-2003, 01:38 PM

i wish that my car got stolen so i can get my money back for it, the deprectiation + interest + miles costs me about 2000$/month. Id rather get a passat or accord
Old 05-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by noblert10
that sucks man. but you should know better than to take your S class to high school. come one, what the **** are you thinking man? and especially if its nicely fixed up you are more than asking for it. this is why you have low key beater car for situations like this.

i am glad i got my car after high school. i go to college now and i park my C320 and i never got keyed or anything :knocking on wood:. The reason being is i dont floor my car out of the parking lor bump my music with all my windows down. and i act cool to people and am never c0cky or stuck up. and college is a different atmosphere and most people are a bit more mature and dont do childish things like that. and i always park my car next to other cars that are in its class. like a bimmer or audi. also another reason i dont fix up my car is for reasons like this. your just asking to get hated on. on of my friends has a fixed up E class and he gets keyed left and right. but my other friend who who has a stock clk, it does not happen.

another bit of advice is- you have to act cool to everyone and not **** people off. since you have a benz you are already a target and all you have to do is give people an incentive to do something to you. also bumpin your music with all windows down with subs and amps is another way you will get hateful attention. also dont floor your car infront of school and **** like that! ur stupid if you do

chances are you probably acted arrrogantly about ur car at one point. most of the time when you get it keyed is from someone you know. i dont think people would just key your car randomly.

hope you get it fixed, and you have to understand that the more **** you do to ur car, the more **** ur gonna go thru

just my .02

p.s. there is this guy at my school that comes in a CL600 (my dream car) and he acts like the biggest ******. and guess what? nice big loong key marks and broken windows. im glad it happened. but if the guy was cool and acted nice and not stuck up the chances of him being keyed would be slim to none
You elaborated on EXACTLY what I wanted to say. Thanks for saying it for me!

Old 05-17-2003, 01:41 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally posted by apricotscrub
...Id rather get a passat or accord
Passats are nice, I got mine when the new body style came out which was the 2001 AND A HALF model. Nice car and low key...just not a Benz, it's what I park at my university.

Old 05-17-2003, 02:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
This is so sad, well it will happen to anyone (rich or not) with a nice looking car, be a Benz or a Honda Civic. These kind of individuals key well kept cars because they are not good enough to have a car and do a descent job at maintining it in good shape (if they can afford a car)
Old 05-18-2003, 03:53 AM

I never act arrogant about my car, and when people say "oh i wish i had a benz, etc.." I usually say "oh, youll have one" or "one day you can too" or something like that. It never got keyed and **** I hope it stays this way (its safer now that Im going to a university). But sometimes even if youre not arrogant your car can still get vandalized, some people will be jealous no matter what.
Old 05-18-2003, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
damn dude that sucks, my friend's new car just got keyed at his school, he just got a new g35 coupe, yea its no benz or anything, but some people at his school hate that he has it and keyed it. I really don't get why people do this, bunch of a-holes.
Old 05-18-2003, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK320
My dad bought me a new CLK and its my only car so I dont have the chance to take a "beater" to school. I usually drive with the windows down. But when I get near the school i close all the windows for that reason. I try not to show off my car or act arrogant. I haven't got keyed, and since i only have one more week of school till college i hope it stays that way. The worst i got was that someone put gum on my lights. But i just went home and took it off. Now there is a girl at our school with a regular honda civic and it is keyed left and right.
Old 05-18-2003, 05:02 PM

s65AMG, sl500
Don't let it put you off

Sorry to hear about your car, terrible that anyone should do that.

There is no excuse to cause wanton damage to someone elses property or goods.

Ironically the tax you or your family paid on the car probably goes towards paying the welfare payments keep them fed.
Old 05-19-2003, 03:35 AM
Almost a Member!

Re: Don't let it put you off

Originally posted by Mmmm
...Ironically the tax you or your family paid on the car probably goes towards paying the welfare payments keep them fed.
Why assume that poor people did the vandalism? If I'm not mistaken, tmushy attends a private school and people on welfare who collect financial assistance to put food on the table wouldn't waste money on a private school. It's unfair to immediately target a group like this. Your girlfriend/wife cheats on you...blame the poor, right?

Please don't get me wrong, I agree that there is no excuse for vandalism and that tmushy didn't deserve what happened to his car. All I'm saying is that no one questioned the possibility that he MAY have provoked the incident with his actions, not by just driving a Mercedes. Whether or not he did, it's not right to jump to conclusions and say that the less wealthy were behind this.

I just recently entered the Mercedes family and I'd like to know what gives us the right to think that we're rich and superior? Whenever something unfortunate happens to our Benz's some of us immediately blame the ones who can't afford Mercedes vehicules. While it's true that there are haters out there why can't we first ask ourselves if we might have provoked what happened? We have to admit that there are Benz owners who overly show off when they drive and nobody likes a show off. I guess it's easier to blame others...

To the lucky people who have rich parents, I believe you'd truly appreciate your Mercedes had you worked for them yourselves. You'd not only be driving one of the world's finest cars but you'd also have the pride that you did it yourself. Nonetheless, you're lucky folks and should be proud to have rich parents. I've also been reading some of the claimed accomplishments that the younger people here have been posting and some of those don't hold much credibility. Again, if your parents "helped" you with your cars, there is no shame in that. The only shame is to lie about it.

Anyway, I think some of us need a reality check. No, we are not some kind of higher breed just because we drive a Benz. We're just hard-working honest people who have good taste in cars so let's act like we're worthy to be in this "higher" status and keep the presumptions to a minimum.

Last edited by Karma; 05-19-2003 at 04:28 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: omg nooo i cant beleive this happned