S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Ventilated seats not working, but lights are on

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 S600
Ventilated seats not working, but lights are on

Let me start off by saying I am not electrically inclined. So forgive me if this sounds a little silly...

Discovered today that the ventilation for both front seats have stopped working. They have worked in the past, but I haven't tried them since last summer. Both seats behave similarly. All 3 blue lights come on, but no fan kicks on. I checked and all other seat functions are working (all adjustments, pulse, heat).

Thought I would check the fuses so pulled out my fuse chart and saw driver ventilation 71, passenger ventilation 73, and both were marked as 25amp fuses. Opened up my fuse box and saw 2 40amp fuses instead. Never checked these before, so assuming they've been that way since I bought the car in 2008. Checked both fuses, both are intact.

So I have a couple of questions:

1) What else should I check?
2) Should fuse 71 and 73 be 40amp on my S600? Or did someone get lazy?
3) Assuming #2 is lazy, I'd like to put the 25amp back in. Any recommendations/warnings on the brand of fuses?

Thanks for reading my post.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 S500 & 2011 Mini JCW
If someone replaced the fuses with 40amp vs. 25amp they may been having problems with this before you bought the car. As you may be aware the job of the fuse is to protect the electrical parts. The 40amp fuse may have causes your fans to burn out causing a larger problem, however this is only a guess. I wouuld continue to trouble shoot yourself until you feel the dealer may be your only solution. Remember these fans do not make much noise or push a lot of air so listen carefully. Good luck.