S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

New Owner to the S500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Jaguar XJR, 2000 S500
Exclamation New Owner to the S500

I've done my overview on what this car needs. Driver side ball joints, new radiator, rotors and pads, and airmatic pump, relay, and hose.

I bought this car for cheap, and the seller said it just needed a suspension pump. Ive done my reading and Ive placed a order for the pump, hella relay, and the hose. Now my questions are that this car when I got it was dirty as hell. Ive found that the front right air shock has been reman well replaced. and that the previous owners have replaced the pump, relay, hose, distribution block and some other things. My question is do you think I should replace the distribution block again? All was replaced last year. I was thinking maybe I could go to the place it was all done at and use the warranty. but i think its too late.

I know theres been many posts on this topic but please help me. Ive never had a Benz and hoping to fix this one and enjoy it.

Also if you dont mind how hard is it to replace the compressor? I have this car sitting flat on my driveway. What will I need to do it how long might it take? should the whole car be on jackstand when doing so? Im good with my hands and am willing to do it myself to save some money. Also the parts should be coming on monday. So what should I know?

After reading so many posts if this doesnt work. Im returning these parts and doing the conversion kit.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:44 AM

Exclamation

Pictures are very much appricated, as im new to Mercedes. Ask me anything about Jaguar and I can fix it. but this car is like searching for a dollar in the desert.

Another problem Im having is the front passenger side high beam doesnt work, but the hid works, and the turn signal doesnt work neither does the window go down or the seat motor move. Ive checked all bulbs nothing. Fuses too. so whats there to do? Im in maryland and that all has to work to pass inspection

Last edited by shoot_da_breeze; 06-11-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 S430
welcome to the forums!!!

if u dont mind me asking, how much did u spend on this s500???
Old 06-11-2011, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 425 Posts
Mercedes
see the "start here" thread for info on resetting the windows, seats etc. The high beam is probably just a bulb.

I think you get to the compressor by removing the passenger front wheel. Check youtube to see if anyone has done a video on it. Airmatic is pretty simple so if the pump and relay should get it working
Old 06-12-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by classyS
welcome to the forums!!!

if u dont mind me asking, how much did u spend on this s500???
$2350.00 they originally wanted about $6000.00 lol but I have my bargining techniques. it has alot to be fixed on it tho. I plan to repair and restore it to sell it and get one with the 4matic. Im going to really need that
Old 06-12-2011, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by tusabes
see the "start here" thread for info on resetting the windows, seats etc. The high beam is probably just a bulb.

I think you get to the compressor by removing the passenger front wheel. Check youtube to see if anyone has done a video on it. Airmatic is pretty simple so if the pump and relay should get it working
yeah Ive done all of that, Ive been thru many forums too. I really didnt want to have to start a thread and everybody be like heres another guy with the same question that everybody posts.

But for the high beam its not the bulb. The only thing that works on the front passenger side is the low beam. None of the other lights work in the headlight. Ive taken it apart changed all the bulbs played with the harness a couple times to see any improvement. I just cant figure it out. And with that I dont think I can pass inspection.

But for the airmatic i just should jack it up the whole car and remove the front passenger tire and wheel well cover nd it should be right there?

And could you just tell me how to do the windows and chair? because that forum is too long and didnt really see it. Thanks