S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

anyone know good indy shops around san antonio texas??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 S430
anyone know good indy shops around san antonio texas??

i just developed an annoying squeak that sounds like a broken shopping cart, after doing some reading on this forum, i think its time to replace some bushings in the arms, my car is 2001 s430 with 105k miles..

i did relocate here from seattle rainy weather to here sunny and dusty and have no tools with me that ive brought, also didnt have the time to research a good indy shop around my area 78244 zip code, if someone can point to a nice shop id greatly appreciate it!! thanks in advance and taking the time to read this!!

Old 08-16-2011, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 S 430
Hi ClassyS,

Welcome to S.A.! I really hope you adjust to the ridiculous heat here!

I've only had experience with the following places. Unfortunately, none of them are near the Converse area.

Autobahn Automotive - Had a bad experience with my SLK230. I personally would not trust them with my S430. HOWEVER.....

I do accept the fact that I could have had an isolated incident with them and there may be others that have had a great experience with them.

European Car Parts - Whenever I need a new OEM part quick, I get them from here. If the part is not in stock, they can get them next day. Randy is the owner and is the guy to talk to regarding service. Although I've never had an issue severe enough where I needed to take my vehicle in to him yet, I wouldn't hesitate to take my car there to be worked on if the need ever arose. The place always gets great reviews as well.

A & J Auto Parts - This is an automotive recycler that specializes in MB, BMW and Volvos. If you need a replacement part and a new/rebuilt is not in the budget, a used part might fit the bill. Give these guys a call and talk to Claire. She'll tell you if they have the part in stock or not, and the price. Don't be afraid to negotiate on price! Oh, and just in case they offer their repair services.....politely decline. On any pre 1985 Merc, Bimmer, or Volvo, they will be just fine. Anything newer than that, I would stay away. Just my own personal experience and recommendation.

Good luck with your car - hope it's a simple, and relatively affordable fix!
Old 08-17-2011, 01:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W209, E46 M3 (dead), S54 swapped E46 Touring
I have also been looking for an good indy shop as i live in the same area. A certified Mercedes mechanic who does work on the side would also be great as i had a friend who was certified and did the work for me until he took a job at a dealership out of state.

I have heard good things about Master European Automotve in Universal City on Kitty Hawk and Pat Booker if you need work done.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Sounds like your control arm bushings and ball joints need redoing , very common issue
Old 08-17-2011, 11:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'96 SL600, '05 S55 AMG, '06 C230
Originally Posted by classyS
i just developed an annoying squeak that sounds like a broken shopping cart, after doing some reading on this forum, i think its time to replace some bushings in the arms, my car is 2001 s430 with 105k miles..

i did relocate here from seattle rainy weather to here sunny and dusty and have no tools with me that ive brought, also didnt have the time to research a good indy shop around my area 78244 zip code, if someone can point to a nice shop id greatly appreciate it!! thanks in advance and taking the time to read this!!

I've used two Indies here in SA.

Eurasian Auto Repair (210.490.6552) - Pretty good sized shop with fairly knowledgeable people located by the airport. Owner and his sales guy can be a bit arrogant but for the most part, they know their stuff. They have a team of techs who turn the wrenches and they do work on a myriad of makes and models (as the name implies). They can be a bit pricey and generally charge for everything.

San Antonio Euro (210.496.9600) - Again, a pretty good shop that is also the service area for an on-site upper-scale used car lot. They are also located near the airport, on San Pedro Ave. Their work is good and prices are reasonable. In fact, I took my S55 in on a Saturday for diagnostic in regard to the transmission mount. After looking at the car for an hour, they found nothing conclusive, but did not charge me for the time. Took a chance on the tranny mount and had them change it. This shop is a bit busier than Eurasian and have about the same number of staff. This shop also has a wide range of contacts for non-mechanical stuff (interiors, rims, paintless dent removal, etc.), mainly in support of the used car business. Personally, this one is my choice.

Cheers,
Jeff
Old 08-18-2011, 06:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 S430
wow thanks alot guys for all the info, very much appreciated!! its funny how air conditioning in house is mandatory here like fireplaces and heaters are in seattle lol also BIG RED is good.

again thanks for the info, this forum has saved alot of $$$ for us