Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 06:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2001 S430
Arnotts ABC to coilover conversion kit?

anyone hear about this???

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w215...rnott-inc.html

"Hi everyone! I just wanted to give all of you an update on our progress with the ABC conversion kit we have been working on for over 2 years. We have successfully converted our CL-500 to springs and conventional shocks. We are now in the road testing phase and hope to have a sellable kit by the end of 2011. I will keep everyone updated as the process creeps along. In order to successfully remove the ABC system you will have to remove and replace all 4 shocks, remove all the hydraulic lines and hoses, remove and replace the ABC power steering pump, replace the front lower control arms, and install sway bars and links. Not an easy conversion, but worth it if you are looking to replace the ABC system. We are going to convert another test car within the next 2 months and make a video showing the complete process.

Thanks everyone for all your support and business!

Adam"
Old 01-24-2012, 03:00 AM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
1956 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday, 2006 AMG S55, 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE
Yeah, if I remember right the sway bars are a very important part of that swap. Someone did the airmatic to coilover and had tremendous bodyroll if I remember right. I believe he stated the ride was about the same as Sport 1 (One light).