S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

2003 seat wiring diagram?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 S430 2008 GL450
2003 seat wiring diagram?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the passenger seat of a 2003 W220?

I have an SRS light that goes on occasionally, the dealer traced it to the seat occupancy sensor on the passenger side. Of course the partis $400 and labor is $600.
Doing a little googling I see that sometimes the wires can be frayed which can set off the light also. Today I looked under the seat and jiggled a few wires and low and behold when I started the car the SRS light was on again. Makes me believe it could be bad wire or connection.
Amazing how many wires are under there!

If someone could tell me which plug under the seat is for the sensor that would be great. All my reading on SRS indicates cleaning the plug might help, but I can't find instructions that show which plug is running the sensor.

PS, wouldn't mind the drivers seat also, maybe I can troubleshoot the heated seat issue I have on that side.

Thanks

Last edited by chpsk8; 04-22-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 02:15 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Cl65 AMG
Originally Posted by chpsk8
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the passenger seat of a 2003 W220?

I have an SRS light that goes on occasionally, the dealer traced it to the seat occupancy sensor on the passenger side. Of course the partis $400 and labor is $600.
Doing a little googling I see that sometimes the wires can be frayed which can set off the light also. Today I looked under the seat and jiggled a few wires and low and behold when I started the car the SRS light was on again. Makes me believe it could be bad wire or connection.
Amazing how many wires are under there!

If someone could tell me which plug under the seat is for the sensor that would be great. All my reading on SRS indicates cleaning the plug might help, but I can't find instructions that show which plug is running the sensor.

PS, wouldn't mind the drivers seat also, maybe I can troubleshoot the heated seat issue I have on that side.

Thanks
I don't have a diagram but the sensor will likely stand out like a sore thumb. The SIR system normally stand out sometimes the wires are brightly colored in orange or yellow. Just get under there and look around. You should be able to isolate the issue because the sir system waists no time in turning the light on. You likely would have to cycle the key off in between each event and it may not turn off even if the connection re-connects until you cycle the key again.
John St John