S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

what's next?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220
Originally Posted by haoz129
Now I know there is big influence from VW. It shares engine/chasis with Phaeton/A8.
But the interior should be very different.

Howard
i'm well aware of the VW/Audi influence but for a car of this caliber, it shouldn't feel like they dipped into the VAG parts bin when building the car.

99-05 Jetta/Golf (this is the shift gate i'm refering to)

97-04 Passat (the navigation is eerily similar here)

VW Phaeton (steering wheel looks too similar)
Old 05-21-2012, 11:33 PM

opposite-lock...
Originally Posted by Oliverk
yawn.

let me guess, your father's friend was t-boned, not rearended
what a wholly insensitive and outright rude response

who says something like that??? Way to show compassion.

almost as bad... could your reading skills be any worse?

it wasn't his father's friend genius - it was his friend's father

and

video clearly shows and describes the cars being rear ended

but that's besides the fact - pretty unfortunate stance you took there chiefy...

Btw Reckless... the car looks like origami likely due to use of the Jaws of Life... maybe he wasn't belted? Doesn't look like he could have been sitting in the back w/ all those boxes / appearant groceries...

and I'll agree w/ you, W220's pale in comparison to W140s when it comes to interior build quality / materials

tho same case for W210s compared to W124's, and so on - all MB's of 'this' era took a slide down that unfort slope

the 600 being a 600 makes up for 'that' in other regards tho IMO
Old 05-22-2012, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Originally Posted by Sgt. Schultz
what a wholly insensitive and outright rude response

who says something like that??? Way to show compassion.

almost as bad... could your reading skills be any worse?

it wasn't his father's friend genius - it was his friend's father

and

video clearly shows and describes the cars being rear ended

but that's besides the fact - pretty unfortunate stance you took there chiefy...
IMO
yawn. ignore list for you
Old 05-22-2012, 11:10 AM

opposite-lock...
way to make friends there bud... very apparent you lack a social mirror - live alone I'm guessing... just sad.

ah yes, perrrrfect - please do not participate in any thread I post within... thanks

so, I call you out on being Stanley (yes, the entire TOOL CHAIN) as well as misinterpreting the data entirely - and your truer colors shine even brighter? Priceless.

sorry all, back to the thread and enough ^sad / pathetic / shallow^ involvement

Last edited by Sgt. Schultz; 05-22-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:49 PM

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts
MB 2003 S600. Volvo 2003 XC70.
Originally Posted by Oliverk
yawn. ignore list for you
way to make friends there bud... very apparent you lack a social mirror - live alone I'm guessing... just sad.

ah yes, perrrrfect - please do not participate in any thread I post within... thanks

so, I call you out on being Stanley (yes, the entire TOOL CHAIN) as well as misinterpreting the data entirely - and your truer colors shine even brighter? Priceless.

Don't fight my friends.

Life is fragile indeed, please use your words to pray.

I didn't realize how weak human is until a man was deadly injured in front of me on my way to school. Bloody blood kept spewing out from his nose followed the pace of the heart beat making a big puddle beside my feet. He was no longer a man but a dead meat on the ground shaking by itself.

Yes, sometime that bunch of cells and nerves are pretty strong and they fight by themself and cure automatically, but, sometime they just give up.

Death is no strange as it's the only destination everybody going after the first cry. But I do respect life more after that incident as people are nolonger jumping monkeys around me, every individual has that part of fragile and weakness. The more I care about my life the more I respect others.

People may not be able to feel the life deeply, some may see others just like machine collecting money on the street. But when a certain moment touch the nerve, it may change alot.

Nick won't expect this thread got this heavy but it's part of everybody's experience. Compared with life what kind of car is driven seems not that important. People won't get admireable or less favored solely because what car they have. The value of a person is inside the skull not out side the body.

Last edited by haoz129; 05-23-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 s500 sport package

Very well said. Just ignore people like that its just a waste a time.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S600
Notwithstanding the insensitivities of some members here , I'd like to get this back on track.

I'm hoping to keep my S600 for quite a while and will probably have it when I make my next purchase. But for my next one I think I would like to get a convertible. The above pictured Bentley would be a dream car but doubtful it will make the short list unless I hit the Powerball sometime soon. There are a few drop-tops that catch my eye. I could see settling on a SL, a Nissan Z Roadster, or an Acura NSX. Any of those are sexy, quick, and fun looking. Probably not going to happen for another 2-3 years though. The S600 will definitely fill the bill for now...

Keith
Old 05-24-2012, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,125 Likes on 751 Posts
12 E350 4Matic 13 E350 4Matic AMG Sport
my 93 S weighs more than 800 pounds more than my 03, I know which one I'd rather be hit in, front or side...
Old 05-24-2012, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 160 Posts
SL55, S500
Originally Posted by Reckless
I must be the odd man out. I just bought a 99 750IL with ultra low miles - I miss how german cars used to be made. My S600 has pretty much run $0.80 a mile in service alone which puts in Ferrari territory in my book. I miss the reliability and luxury of the older benz's. I know everyone else buys into the luxury appointments of the new MB's but not me. I feel that everything feels cheap and plasticky compared to the late 90's.

My friend's father just died in a W220 last week (he was hit by a box truck driving through fog). His car was torn up like origami. My dad was rear ended by a semi in his W126 and survived back when they used to be made like tanks. http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/local/u...ue-to-accident
That's a shame. It looks like the W220 slid under the truck cargo and the truck rolled over it!..The roof is ripped off...
Old 05-25-2012, 06:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2000 mercedes benz s430
Wow good stuff here guys went a little of topic but yeah LOL
Old 05-27-2012, 06:32 AM

2000 S-430, 2009 Murano
Originally Posted by Das Geld 2
That's a shame. It looks like the W220 slid under the truck cargo and the truck rolled over it!..The roof is ripped off...
Not quite. More likely this happened when they were trying to extradite him from the car.