S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Air matic fix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 4 matic
Air matic fix

He guys with a little research i found the arnott air shock for my s 500 4 matic and the price was 335.00. I got the driver side replacement. The place is called Carid Com. I will let yall know how it turns out when i get it.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 478 Likes on 424 Posts
Mercedes
Cool
Old 08-02-2012, 07:29 PM

2003 S430
we'll be waiting for your input
Old 08-03-2012, 09:21 AM

S500 4 matic
I will most surely will. Update while driving home yesterday on these messed up New york streets, the dreded red light came( too low pull over) on and quickly went out. Even though the car still raises up but not as high as normal and holds air until it rises over a bump and you will hear the hissssss sound. The strut will be here monday. Car will be parked until then. Do not want to get stuck.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2002 s500
That price you got quoted was just too good. I took a look on their website and located the reference to the struts, so I tried looking for my year vehicle. No luck. Even called their sales line and was told they don't have the ones I need. Apparently thinking of stocking them later this year. Did you find any other place offering the non-4matic versions for a good price?
Old 08-03-2012, 11:04 AM

S500 4 matic
Try advanced auto parts. That was the first place i checked andi think i saw some non 4 maycs ther. I was going to Get mine from there but i saw car id and did research to see if they are legit because of the price. I would get the right side if i had the funds but it seems like that is thier regular price. I found out today that they just place order with arnott and it is comming straight from them. I will get them on monday.. Still is 150 cheaper than the lowest i seen anywhere and no core up charge.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:35 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2003 S500 4Matic (SOLD) + 2004 S55 (SOLD) 2005 CLK 500 Cabriolet 2008 S 450
buyautoparts.com are great also. Just got mine, driver's side, last week and received them in Canada from San Diego in only 3 days.

I sent the old one back and am now waiting for my core return refund. I hope they cut the cheque as fast as they ship the product.
Old 08-03-2012, 06:25 PM

S500 4 matic
car id at fault

Originally Posted by tower
That price you got quoted was just too good. I took a look on their website and located the reference to the struts, so I tried looking for my year vehicle. No luck. Even called their sales line and was told they don't have the ones I need. Apparently thinking of stocking them later this year. Did you find any other place offering the non-4matic versions for a good price?
hey guys update,........... I got a few calls from these guys car id. Started wensday when I called to change shipping from ground to overnight since I really need strut as you know. they told me that the additional charge to overnight will be $16 more ok charge credit card on file cool i will get it monday the lady said. yesterday the same lady call me back and said she put in wrong code and it is really $27 instead of $16 do I still want it? Since I need it I said ok.
Today at work I get a call from a number in jersey. I figured it was them so i called back. the guy name is Ivan, he tells me that arnott charged them a $200 core charge and they need authorization to charge my credit card for it. I said to I -v- a -n, before I ordered the part I chatted with thier reps with a multitude of questions and one was why is the price so low? they said that they deal with the company direct. no mention of core at all. He said they need me to pay or they will stop order and refund money. At first I was so pissed cause I need part so bad and he is telling me to kick out 200 more by monday that I do not have right now. i told him after all the fussing give me supervisor name because it is not my fault that you did not state core in ad. I got supervisor name and phone number and he said he will call me in a couple of hours.
After i cooled down and called around the price is still the best but the principle is the matter to me. so i called i-v-a-n and asked can I still pay by monday and they will ship out the strutt cause I do not have it right now. Then he said something so stupid I paused a good 20 seconds before I started talking again. my anger turned to amazement did this ***** really said what I thought he said. He told me that I can send the $200 dollars by pay pal on monday it will be ok and we will refund it to you when you mail the core to us. then in the same breath he said "because arnott already shipped the strutt out this morning and you will get it monday." I thought to my self OK do not say anything until he repeat it . Yep he said it again. So for all intense purposes it should be here monday. I'm debating should I send the core to them or keep it because they did not tell me the price is with a core upcharge of plus $200? They tell me after I pay for it three days later. What do you think I should do?????????????????????????
Old 08-04-2012, 04:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
send it to them , but make them pay for shipping since the core wasnt mentioned. You shouldnt have to eat the shipping cost
Old 08-04-2012, 06:21 AM

2003 S430
i just checked the website again wow these prices are amazing I'm for sure going to replace both sides now instead of one
if you get it monday when are you going to work on it ?
Old 08-04-2012, 07:26 AM

S500 4 matic
Yes i will make them pay for shipping. Wensday my mechanic will install it.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:58 AM

2003 S430
and please report back about packaging? and if there is anything messing from the strut?
and by Wednesday i shall buy the rear

thanks man this is really cheap and i cant wait to buy em i don't know why they are that cheap or i should say cheaper than arnott even thou they are from arnott weird
goodluck
Old 08-06-2012, 06:36 PM

S500 4 matic
Hey guys. The arnott strutts came this morning. WOW it looks good in the box. I took it out and everything seems to be right. Looks clean. Will be putting it on wensday. Paid with overnight shipping $388 That is still 700 less than dealer and i have lifetime warranty. I will let yall know how it is after install. Untill then fellows.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
are you installing it yourself? take pics!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:14 AM

S500 4 matic
No I will have my mechanic do it. I just went to carid site and saw they raised the price of strutt to $567. Now that is crazy..... I guess I caught them at the right time and still no print on core exchange.maybe you can see it because I dont. Anyway advanced auto parts has strutt for $458 if i remember correctly. Anyway im glad i got mine when i did. I will update wensday to tell how install goes.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:25 PM

S500 4 matic
Hey guys just got home and the strutt is fine. Took mechanic about an hour to put in and while he had tire off told him to put on new front brake pads. I feel difference in ride from pull out of lot. Not worried about bumps as much as before and I still take it easy over known bumps and dips. Im glad I brought it when I did.the price now went up over $200. If I had money I would have brought the right strutt also. Thanks guys for all your help. I Saved alot on this project and others from the knowledge that is imparted on this forum. One last thing before I go. I need a driver side lower control arm. Any suggestions where to look for good quality and price.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:10 AM

2003 S430
ok they raised the price fml but i ended up talking to a guy name steve and told him im not buying the part with the same price 367$ plus shipping coz i did make an account couple days ago and i was going to buy it he said there s no way he could give it to me for 287 plus shipping which is 14$ so he said he will give it to me for 350$ including shipping i still think thats better deal than any place including arnott,ill be paying 50$ extra than the old price eff my luck but oh well he also said the warranty is through arnott not them and they will be paying for shipping to return the core,
BTW do i have to buy the struts for both sides ? or just the messed up one but problem is with the rear passenger side?

and about the lower control arm i bought mine for the driver side from o'reilly auto parts i forgot how much tho but it was the cheapest i think it was around the 130$ and i also bought upper control arm that one was expensive i ended up paying 250$ but because it broke while i was at the mechanic and didnt have time to shop around or buy online
good luck and thanks for telling us about that site
Old 08-10-2012, 08:47 AM

S500 4 matic
ok i went to oreily auto sight and it said i had to call to special order it but when i called the guy told me i have to come in to store to purchase it not over phone. that sucks cause im in east coast. still did not give me price, just wondering what the price is? anyway still looking. thanks.