S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

aftermarket amplifiers????????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 mercedes s430 (US)
aftermarket amplifiers????????

hi i have a 2001 s430. im looking to install 2 aftermarket amps with the factory head unit. i was just wondering exactly what adapters i would need. and as much info as possible regarding the ambient audio auto adjust thing.

i know more than enough when it comes to car audio to do the install myself. I've just never worked on a mercedes with comand before.

ive done a search, and most that comes up is pretty old and outdated compared to the tech. we have out there now a days for car audio.

is there a way i can attach the 2 amplifiers to the factory amp in order to communicate with the comand? without running seperate wires through panels and whatnot.

that way maybe i could just run a seperate power wire directly to the battery with a nice fuse? and ground it somewhere?

any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated.

i guess just a rant. but its 2012 almost 2013 this cars going on 12 years old and the price for a replacement cd changer is minimum $300+?

even the 2003 d2b comand upgrade i was looking into. cant find the unit less than $400. that is insane considering its 10 year old technology. there must be aftermarket units out there semi-budget friendly, that wont ruin all the comand functions. steering controls, etc. again this info would be greatly appreciated as well