S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Help! Keyless Go misbehaving (MY 2004)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A Mercedes obviously!
Help! Keyless Go misbehaving (MY 2004)

A few weeks ago the keyless entry starting working on and off and then the MFD started showing the "Battery Low" warning. As it's been 2yrs since the battery had been changed I figured it was probably related to that. Last week I got a new battery put in the fob at the dealership and the guy said that if the key didn't work to call them and they'd tell me how to sync it over the phone.

I was thinking that the key would either work completely or not at all but it seems to only work part of the time. Sometimes I'll walk right up to it and as soon as I put my hand on the handle it unlocks like normal but other times I'm left looking like a right idiot fruitlessly pulling on the handle and even when I pull the fob out and press the buttons it won't lock/unlock!

Even with the new battery it doesn't seem to make any difference. I'm sometimes getting the red "Key Not Recognised" warning as I'm driving along or it won't lock. I'm a pretty regular reader of threads on the forum but haven't seen anything about Keyless Go going **** up on anyone.

I was thinking I'd try and re-sync the key but despite a search I can't find any threads in this forum on how to do that.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts
96 and 08 911 turbos
Have you tried inserting the key in the ignition at this point?

I had that weird **** where it would freak out while driving, but that seemed to go away by itself.

Have you checked the car's battery voltage?
Old 09-07-2012, 12:41 PM

A Mercedes obviously!
Once I'm in the car if I get the "Key Not Recognised" whilst pressing the Go button I'll throw it in the ignition and it works fine.

I haven't checked the battery voltage, can't you do that through the climate control screen? I recall there's a little trick for checking some things on that.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:14 PM

A Mercedes obviously!
Key fob was bad. Got new one and all sorted.