S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

ESP won't turn off?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
335i
ESP won't turn off?

Been trying to get the car on a drag strip for a while and tried to shut off the ESP for the first time ever. I've read the manual and its instructions, but I get no triangle in the cluster, and still kills the slightest traction chirp.

Tried to shut it off at different engine temperatures, tried to hold the switch for extended periods of time, and tried it in park, in drive and reverse.

google and search here doesn't turn up anything with a solution, so if anyone knows something on here, do tell since I'm thinking something's broken
Old 11-22-2012, 02:17 AM

Facelift GLC43
Try dyno mode
Old 11-22-2012, 02:20 AM

Facelift GLC43
Make sure your MFD is displaying the MILES screen.

Turn Key to OFF

Turn Key to ON

Press the R button (right side of cluster) three times while the SRS light is on:

If you pressed the reset button 3 times while the SRS light is on and you were on the MILES screen, your display will display your voltage:

You can scroll through the various screens using the page up / page down controls on the left side of the steering wheel:

You'll see the car model, engine type, oil level (when running), software versions, VIN # and a bunch of other information:

Last page is the ESP DYNAMOMETER TEST screen:

Using the volume +/- controls on the right side of the steering wheel select ON

Start the car and several malfunctions will display since this will disable ESP, ABS, BAS, BPV and several other electronic controls in the car.

When you are done with dyno mode you MUST disable it... otherwise it will always be in dyno mode. Go to the ESP DYNAMOMETER menu and select W. KL15 OFF and then start the car.

(took the instruction from Oxygen's post in another tread, use at your own risk)
Old 11-22-2012, 10:33 AM

335i
hmmm dyno mode.. well I'll think about using it and maybe test it in a vacant parking lot