S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Air Suspenion Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 S430
Air Suspenion Problems

I know this subject has beaten to death but here is my problem. I have a 2002 S430 and I am having Air Suspension issues.

The car has had a very hard ride for about 1 ½ years now but the dealer said it was fine and it should be that way.

I went in for an oil change about 6 months ago and the dealer said my front struts were leaking and need to be repaired with the kit. My car doesen’t loose height or air over night and I did the soap water test on the strut tops with no signs of leaks.

After the visit I would get low car stop warnings after 15 mins of driving only on very cold mornings. But if I stopped the car and turn it on and off it would run fine.

Now last week it was completely down and I could hear the air pump run and it would not rise.

I replaced pump with a new Arnott air pump and car works fine.

Except still a very hard ride.

Now the latest, last night on way home from work I pressed the Suspension button on the dash to firm up the suspension and with both red lights on and a 10 mile ride I got the car too low warning again for a split second when I stopped at a stop sign and then car raised by itself and all is good again no warning.

What should be my next plan of attack? Should I replace the Air Suspension Valve assy?

Thanks
Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 484 Likes on 428 Posts
Mercedes
If its all good again with no warnings just leave it alone