Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 03:46 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
W204 C300 2010
More exhaust cutouts...

Something like this setup:

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...t-cutouts.html

'06 S430

I went with Summit Racing parts. The stock MBZ tubing is ~2 1/8" outside diameter. The Summit "Y" connection is 3" in the largest section and then necks down to 2 1/4" ID. Making it is easier to cut into the existing system.

I did not want to remove the resonators, but space is limited underneath. The other way to go is to use the cutouts that weld sideways to the pipe.

Deleting the resonators does add some resonance. After reading many similar posts where other owners indicated too much noise at freeway speeds, I was leery of doing this. But figured that I could in some smaller resonators later.

First impression (cutouts closed), after the first start up and bumping the gas pedal, you can tell that the sound is different, not too much louder, but more tones are now present, hence no resonator.

Most noise can be hear from about 1500 to a little over 2000 rpm. Under load, like and inclined road, the noise is louder, but never buzzes anything inside the car. Removing the resonators does not make your car sound like truck. Most of these sounds are heard with the windows down. Windows up, everything is still quiet. No booming or annoying "blaaaah" sound.

After they were installed, I have not run the wires to the cutouts yet so I will have to update on the open cutout sound later.

Resonators saved (just in case).