S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Cant unlock the car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2013 | 04:07 PM

Cant unlock the car.

Hi to everyone from Greece.
I was looking into the net for solution to my problem and i came up to your interest forum.
i have a 1999, S320 W220 s class.since the October of 2003,incredible car.
i have drive almost all Europe with her.but also gives me some serious problems,like the classic with the airmatic leak(wich i haven't fix yet) and the 'black' instrument panel.
but now i have one serious issue..
i park her for a long period so the battery goes dead.i started her with boost cables and take her for a ride ,after that i park her again ,and start the engine every few day so the battery wont die again.
i left it for a week and then..everything goes dead!!(including battery)i cant unlock the door with the remote key,even when i change battery with a new one..when i put the new battery all the light from behind light up(brakes third brake and reverse light)the worst of all?someone tried to steal the car and made a damage to the lock.so i cant use the key to open the door manually ,the key just turns right or left without any result.and i think that something on the car use power from the battery and ends battery's life.even when its locked.
so the question,any ideas how i can unlock the door and get into the car ?before the final solution ,to brake one of the back passengers door small window?there is any way??i would be very grateful if you can help me.
Keep up the good work with your forum.
Antonis
Old 02-10-2013 | 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 S500 - Toyota Corolla (in the rain)
Sorry about the trouble with someone breaking in your car. Have you tried the manual key on all of the locks? Also, maybe you could try changing the battery in the remote key. Sounds like your lock is jammed at least on one side.
Old 02-11-2013 | 01:42 AM

thank you for your reply,the manual key works ok with the trunk,but,i have only one lock , in drivers door.i didnt try to change the battery but i have 2 remote keys,the one is almost brand new,anyway i will try to change the battery.im thinking ,maybe because it stayed without power for a long time the electronics messed up or something.anything else i can do?
Old 02-11-2013 | 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
You have an electrical drain which will keep draining your battery . Fixing electrical problems can be very costly

Most likely your door control module is damaged

Do not break the window to get in!!! Call roadside service / tow truck they can open the door using a airbag and long tool

youtu.be/U_7a1Ci1t1I

If you just want a simple solution there's a product called Battery Brain

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sm...6/media/images

You attach it to the positive battery terminal
And it will disconnect the battery either with a push button switch or a remote control - I'd get the one with remote control. When you leave your car , just hit the remote and it will disconnect the battery so it cannot drain

As for getting into the car when your driver door lock is damaged, use the metal blade key to open the trunk lock , charge the battery then use the remote key to lock and unlock your door after the battery is charged

Last edited by tusabes; 02-11-2013 at 03:42 AM.
Old 02-11-2013 | 03:52 AM

thank you tusabes,but this is exactly my problem, that i cant open it with the remote key ,even when i charge the battery or when i change battery with new.i press the unlock button, and i can hear that something happened , but it wont unlock.after several days of stay still have loss the air and the car lowered too much.when i change battery,the air pump begins to work but the car dint get equally height all around.im confused..
Old 02-15-2013 | 02:48 PM

and finally i open it..but the big problem is now..everything in the car is dead, no windows, no seats, no a/c ,no remote lock/unlock and ofcourse you turn the key and ..nothing! only the command/radio turns on.for my bad luck i open the two fuse boxes left and right (in the engine bay)and i found a lot of humidity..and drops of water. now what?i hope i havent any ecu short circuit or burned.what do you think?tomorrow i will put it in the star diagnosis..what should i except?
when i blow the fuse box with air under pressure ,for a short time the a/c and internal light came alive and then dead again. the battery its brand new 100 ah 800A . also the car was lowered a lot all this days.and when the air pump starts to work, it raised up but not equally.the passenger side was normal and the drivers side was higher.
any ideas?
thank you
Old 02-15-2013 | 11:58 PM

S600
Old 02-16-2013 | 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Humidity in the fuse box is bad bad news

Use hair dryers and uncooked rice to dry it out
Old 02-16-2013 | 04:15 AM

vw golf gttdi
Just removed all fuses and relays (take note of location ie.a picture) and make sure all terminals are ok to start of with.
Can you see any 'puddles' at the bottom of the fuse box housings?
Old 02-16-2013 | 04:24 AM

F**k i will try with hair dryer and to remove the fuses, i hope that wont happen what s600keith says...
Old 03-23-2013 | 03:54 PM

after a lot days with rain i open the fuse box yesterday one more time.
i took out both ECU of ESP and suspension control, open them and dry them out,both have humidity inside,today i took out the engine ECU and blow it with air,(didnt open it)also "hairdry" both the fuse boxes,the humidity is gone ,but in some conectors you can see the blue-green "salts".
Now the good news,almost all systems came alive ,the A/C (the lcd display because the motor is not blow),command,interior lights, the doors lock and unlock with the remote key but the lights come on and off all the time.
the car raise but not equally in all round.
The bad news,the engine is not starts you turn the key and NOTHING happens no crank or something but when you turn on the key you can hear from the engine the sound of fuel pumps?or what?
...so ANY ideas?what to do now?Thank you guys..