S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

acceleration problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 03:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
acceleration problem

Hi. As always, thank you all for this service!
My problem is ONLY when trying to accelerate from a stop or when my foot is off the gas pedal and then back on to go.
4 codes came up when I had it checked when the CEL came on.
P0715.....code says Input/turbine speed sensor circuit malfunction
P0730.....incorrect gear ratio?
P0104Mass air flow.. I have replaced the mass air flow sensor since the CEL came on and cleared the codes.
P0112.. which came up saying nothing

So, as I mentioned, I was told to change the MAF and I did. The CEL went off, but the problem still remains, and the CEL has come back on.
Gas consumption is way up as well!
As ive been reading, the acceleration pedal module is what should come next.... Is this a good step? Or fuel filter?
Thanks again!
Scot
Old 04-10-2013, 06:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2005 Mercedes S600, 2004 Mercedes E500 4-Matic, 2002 Mercedes C32 AMG, 2001 Trans-Am WS-6
Originally Posted by Scot Cressman
Hi. As always, thank you all for this service!
My problem is ONLY when trying to accelerate from a stop or when my foot is off the gas pedal and then back on to go.
4 codes came up when I had it checked when the CEL came on.
P0715.....code says Input/turbine speed sensor circuit malfunction
P0730.....incorrect gear ratio?
P0104Mass air flow.. I have replaced the mass air flow sensor since the CEL came on and cleared the codes.
P0112.. which came up saying nothing

So, as I mentioned, I was told to change the MAF and I did. The CEL went off, but the problem still remains, and the CEL has come back on.
Gas consumption is way up as well!
As ive been reading, the acceleration pedal module is what should come next.... Is this a good step? Or fuel filter?
Thanks again!
Scot
Not sure of your make/model/year, but did you replace your transmission conductor plate? THe P07xx codes were the same as mine when it went out on my car (also indicated by randomly dropping into limp home mode - stuck in 3rd gear)
Old 04-25-2013, 10:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
incorrect gear ratio.

Hi. Thanks so much for your response! Sorry, it is a 2002 S500. 220 series.
I have cleared all the codes ecept the 0730. Incorrect gear ratio. I will be doing a trans service on it, and will do what was suggested as to the plate replacement.
Its weird, not sure if you had similar problems, but the car shifts wildly when cold, but when warmed up, I can shift it manually, and all is well. Sometimes it just goes into a neutral, state when coming to a stop on its own.
Thanks again for your advice.