S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Star Diag Tool

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz G550
Star Diag Tool

What is the best price for a star diagnostic tool? Tired of the $95.00 scan everytime I go to my indy..... and on top of parts and labor. So all SDT owners what is the going rate? Thanks
Old 05-08-2013, 12:20 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'96 SL600, '05 S55 AMG, '06 C230
Get a hold of Shardul. Price varies (I think) based on component availability. But Shardul says what he can do and does what he says. And he's in Houston, so you're not dealing with overseas. Here's the thread... https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...where-buy.html
Got my unit from him in January and it has worked well since it came out of the box.
Cheers,
Jeff
Old 05-08-2013, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 404 Likes on 348 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
I tried to use the WIS with my newer laptop, which required Virtual Machine software. That sucked.

When I bought the STAR system (directly from China), I bought the system with the software on a laptop hard drive for the original IBM laptop. I bought the IBM T30 well used from eBay with Windows XP loaded, installed the drive, added the max amount of memory, and never looked back. Very satisfied with the system.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz G550
Just contacted Shardul so hopefully I will be able to snag one pretty soon. Thanks for all the help.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 S-430
Diagnostic Tools

Can any one tell me if this reader will work on 2000 S-430 It is in Limp mod. PO-748

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/81..._mercedes.html
mb star c3 pro for mercedes benz
Quick Details

Type: diagnostic tools Voltage: 12V Power: 9W
Certification: CE Place of Origin: Guangdong China (Mainland) Brand Name: Benz
Model Number: Mb star c3 Performance: Strong and Stable Item Type: diagnostic tools
Guarantee: insurance 1 year quality free Software Version: keep the lastest version Software update: support update
Weight: 5kgs Dimension: 45CM*34CM*14CM

Description:

1.1989~up to now Car, Bus, Truck, Sprint, Smart ; 2. All electric system Diagnostic(Do not include flash code)

XP-STAR(Auto-Link Blue STAR) realizes all the functions of official factory BENZ Star2000: reading out and erasing trouble code; reading the real-time data of sensor and actuator; coding and programming. It applies the latest high-tech central gateway system of car model 221/211 and 203 with software version updated to October of 2006, can enter all the Benz cars, such as autobus truck, saloon car, sports car, smart car and so on.

1.This version of MB STAR C3 can fit all computers,it is not only limited on IBM T30,provide great convenience to customers.It has one hard disk contain DAS and WIS system.
2.With a 7 meter RS232-RS485 cable,provide more convenience to garage when diagnose.
3.Every hard disk has it’s special number,have self-test function.Just give us the self-test report and the number,we will find out what’s the matter with this tool,avoid the shipping charge when this tool need fix.Great improvement!

Functions:

1.1989~up to now Car, Bus, Truck, Sprint, Smart ;
2.All electric system Diagnostic(Do not include flash code)
3.reading trouble code
4.erasing trouble code
5.live-data
6.adaptation
7.component testing
8.maintenance.
9.information consultation
10.component location diagram
11.wiring diagram

Specification:

1.Product software includes: (Version: 05/2011)

1)D-A-S: the automatically Diagnosis Assistance System ,Concise interface and straightforward operation with IBM high-quality computer can realize the quick and accurate code reading and the whole car system testing
2)W-I-S net: Workshop Information System Supply the whole view of the wiring diagram in a car,component location diagram and maintenance method. What you do is to enter the chassis number, and then you will get the manufacture data, engine configuration and the car model -all in detail.
3)EPC.net : Electronic Parts Catalog
4)ST Finder:Part location finder
5)STAR Utilities : the movement management system and self-test
6)Xentry: New software released by Benz Company after 04/2009by diagnosis new cars.

2.Testable system:

Engine
Auto-Speed
Airconditional System
SRS
ABS
ASR
MPL
GM
Benz Original Anti- Theft
Dasx System
Keyzess Go System
OBD-II System

3.Software language:

Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch,English, Finish, French, Greek,Hungarian, Italian,Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, US English.

4.Dimension:45CM*34CM*14CM

Package includes:

1. MULTIPLEXER
2. 16+PIN OBD II cable
3. 38+PIN cable
4. 14+PIN cable
5. 4Pin Cable
6. RS232 Communication Cable (navigation port)
7. 80G Harddisk with DAS,WIS net,EPC,Starfinder software V.05/2010
8. IBM T30 laptop(optional)

http://sanhetong.en.alibaba.com/