S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

AC Reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz G550
AC Reset

I just finish recharging my AC... After clearing the default codes the the unit was up and running again. The problem that I ran into is that the rear AC still blows hot air. Is there a reset for the rear controls also? Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Old 05-20-2013, 12:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S600
Same here

I am having similar issues. Recharged the AC but I am getting hot air front and back. The charge is good, had it checked by friend who is a Toyota master mechanic. However, I keep getting the error codes and have to reset the AC again and again. Even with the reset I am getting warm air through the front and back vents. Thought maybe the plates inside the mixing boxes were stuck so I tried setting it to max heat then max cool over and over. No joy. It is starting to warm up and we are going to need the AC pretty soon (actually we have had a few days in the 90s this month!). I am thinking the settings for the plates is messed up? Anyone got anything? I realize this is a weird one and finding someone with the same experience is slim. But if terrence or I find an answer it would be nice to share it here.

Keith