S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Noise after thump sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 08:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500 4 matic
Noise after thump sound

Hey guys. I have a situation that I hope is just brake issue. Well here it is. I got my front and rear rotors replaced last week and pads also. I needed them changed so went to a local shop that did some work for me before. Before tgey took off tge rear left tire they showed me that that caliper could be bad because that tire would not move freely like the other ones. Well it wasnt thank good ness. Now the work was done everything seems fine. Later that day it rained and mow the rear rotors look like it was rusted for months. I went back and they gave the excuse that thats how the get. Fine i should have waited to order ome parts like i wanted. Chauld it up for lack of patience.

Well now a week later. With the squeeking brakes, im driving home i hear and feel a thump in the rear of the car while making a right turn onto a street. It felt like i had a 50 pound ball in the trunk and it shifted to the left side of trunk. The only problem with that is that i cleand out my trunk last week. Only thing inther is papers.
Now the symptoms are
1 Scrapping sound while moving
2 At one point sound like metal dragging under car

Do you think it is a brake issue or a drive train?
Im taking it back there saturday morning they gonna tell me something.

Thanks guys for your help.