Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > S-Class (W220)
Just converted my ABC Suspension to Strutmasters Coil Overs >

Just converted my ABC Suspension to Strutmasters Coil Overs

Notices
S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Just converted my ABC Suspension to Strutmasters Coil Overs

Old 07-07-2018, 03:25 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2001 S600
Originally Posted by x2nervisx View Post
That is correct. Unless you replace the dual pump with a standard steering pump from an airmatic equipped w220.

I have an issue with this right now. I did the strutmaster conversion on my 2001 s600 couple weeks ago and i'm happy with the ride. But a week ago the ps pump went and i can clearly see it leaking there. Strutmaster assured me before i bought the kit that i wouldnt need to change the pump and i'll be calling them about this but at this point i do need to replace it. I wanted to avoid a repeat so im looking into fitting in the standard ps pump from an airmatic but Im not sure if it'll fit fine. The pulley is different and so is the belt that'd go with it.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'd really appreciate the help
Old 08-31-2018, 10:09 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
'03 S55K AMG Alabaster White
As far as I know, you can fit the standard PS pump from a non ABC car. Everything should fit.

The reason why your old pump died is because it had no fluid in the ABC section of the tank.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:39 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2001 S600
Originally Posted by micky_fl View Post
As far as I know, you can fit the standard PS pump from a non ABC car. Everything should fit.

The reason why your old pump died is because it had no fluid in the ABC section of the tank.
on the 2001 s600 it's a bit different from everything I came across...on the m137 the ABC high pressure line gets in the way and its 1 piece going around the transmission so taking it out as a whole requires a ton of work. Since theres no pressure in the system I cut the end part where it interferes with the ps only pump

I looped the lines and topped up the fluid but there was a leak one where I guess so the tandem pump failed.

I went to a local hydraulic shop and they're fabbing up a small hose to make up for the space difference...we'll see how it goes