Suspension Valve Block

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes s320 (w220)
Suspension Valve Block

I am wondering if you guys can help.

About 3 weeks ago I had noticed my car was sitting very low at the front - to an extent where it was touching the under body. I had the vehicle recovered to the mechanic.

He checked for leaks and checked the compressors.
The mechanic had it Star Diagnosed, he said the problem is the Air Suspension Valve. Part No. A220320258. Also on the diagnosis accelerator sensor shows as faulty?

He returned the vehicle but had the suspension lifted for me so could drive temporary.

Reason writing this thread is what does the air suspension valve do and do you think this will solve the problem as it will cost me a lot of money and I want to be sure. Also what are the accelerator sensors. Mechanic said they are not imperative to change at the moment and has nothing to do with the suspension at all.

Await your replies and wil keep you posted. I hope this thread helps other people to. Any people with similar experiences?
Old 03-24-2014, 01:27 PM

Received 94 Likes on 69 Posts
2012 E350 4Matic P2
I can't help with the accelerator sensors but the attached PDF's are some explanation of how the valve block works.

My suggestion is to read all you can on the this forum as well as Benzworld to help you understand what problems others are having with the Airmatic system. What you are experiencing is not unique.

Some have found that there is moisture in the air lines causing the valves in the valve block to not close properly. This occurs when the desiccant in the air pump becomes saturated with moisture and can no longer dry the air being pumped into the system. If your condition is only happening when it is extremely cold then you may have this problem. Mine reacts the same way in extreme cold but it is the rear that droops.

Good Luck, Bob
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Level control, function.pdf (46.5 KB, 1023 views)
Notes on AIRmatic.pdf (231.1 KB, 1119 views)

Last edited by mercy-me; 03-24-2014 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Add Clarity
Old 03-26-2014, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes s320 (w220)
Thanks for your help. I will have an update very soon.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
W204 C300 2010
Originally Posted by mercy-me
I can't help with the accelerator sensors but the attached PDF's are some explanation of how the valve block works.

My suggestion is to read all you can on the this forum as well as Benzworld to help you understand what problems others are having with the Airmatic system. What you are experiencing is not unique.

Some have found that there is moisture in the air lines causing the valves in the valve block to not close properly. This occurs when the desiccant in the air pump becomes saturated with moisture and can no longer dry the air being pumped into the system. If your condition is only happening when it is extremely cold then you may have this problem. Mine reacts the same way in extreme cold but it is the rear that droops.

Good Luck, Bob

Thanks for attaching the Airmatic PDF's!