S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

BMW 7 series vs. MB S-class

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 7 series vs. MB S-class

BMW 745Li vs. MB S500

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I own a 745Li and this is that I have to say. I have bixenon lights and you don't. I can go 0-60 in 5.9 seconds and to my knowledge you can't. I can even talk to my car if I wanted to change the radio station. Oh sorry looks like you have to fiddle with those millions of buttons on the dash. I like that your navigation screens got that much bigger, but mine is just as big. Are you feeling cramped you know without leg room. Well I have more leg room than I need. I have the 2003 where as the new for '05 S500 which I have seen spy pics of doesn't look as good as even the current S-class. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that my car is fully voice activated and last time I checked the S500 wasn't. The 745Li in one sentence is a luxury sedan that combines the best of modern technology,speed and styling whereas the S500 contains styling from 2000 (don't you love it that for the '03's you get those four white stripes along the tailights the circles on the headlights and the bigger navigation screen). I have to say that the 745Li overall is a better car than the S500 in style and technology and that is what people want. I'll wait and see what MB has in store for '05 until then this is what I think.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:23 PM

FORGOT TO MENTION I SAVE ALMOST 8 THOUSAND DOLLARS TOO! MAYBE I SHOULD JUST HOOK MY CAR UP LIKE CRAZY AND THEN IT WILL EQUAL THE PRICE OF THE S500 AND WILL JUST BE 100X BETTER.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 CLK55AMG
Did you forget to mention the bangle-butt and iDrive. Guess I'd want to forget them too.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:30 PM

W126 1991 350SDL
dude, lighten up. life is short - you'll give yourself a coronary that way.

i evaluated the 7 series before i bought my benz. i wasn't impressed on a number of levels.

all that said, i always have my eye out for a last-gen, low-mileage 750i to add to the stable - that 7 series has to be oen of the CLASSICS of all time. but i don't think the current one will attain that status.

my s-class cost more than your 745, but it goes from 0-60 in 4.5 seconds. and no matter what you hooked up your car with, it wouldn't go that fast.

wanna race?

diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. maybe i'd consider an M7, but i don't expect one to come about.

enjoy your car! it's a great car and for those who dig it, i can't imagine a better solution for a GT four-door sedan.

doody.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
ENARANG - You obviously don't want to bring an LS430 into this.

Oh wow you go 0-60 in 5.9 seconds, so do I.

I'm also voice activated. Did I tell you that I cost almost a little more than 15K less than you? On top of that I have the best (smoothest wise) ride of any luxury car in this market, and as a topper, a better warrenty and dealer service.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:26 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hi guys,

the 7 series has its good points.
nice motor and nice price.
but...the sheet metal and the exterior proportions are just
out of whack. graceful is not a word that anyone would use
to describe the 7 series. the styling direction that Chris Bangle
is taking BMW on is truly disappointing.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:02 PM
Banned

SL65, 911
One word for you: TROLL.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 S500
Grow Up

Persoanlly, Enarang I think you are an *** to come on this website full of Benz enthusiasts and brag about your 745 and "try" to make us feel inadequate and stupid for choosing cars we have all worked very hard to attain and do take pride in. You have got to be a very mean-spirited person to come on here like that. You might could have at least tried to be a little more classy and professional with your delivery. We all luv our cars (BMW, Mercedes, Toyota--whatever). Dont indirectly insult our choices on our cars b/c of your selfish uncontrolable need to gloat and brag over what you have. We are all very happy with our MBs--if we werent we probably wouldnt be on here. Unfortunately, your attempt to make us question the quality of our Merceces' will fall on deaf ears. Congratulations on your car by the way-I am glad that you luv it so much and take so much pride in it.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CLK320
Re: BMW 7 series vs. MB S-class

Originally posted by ENARANG
BMW 745Li vs. MB S500

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I own a 745Li and this is that I have to say. I have bixenon lights and you don't. I can go 0-60 in 5.9 seconds and to my knowledge you can't. I can even talk to my car if I wanted to change the radio station. Oh sorry looks like you have to fiddle with those millions of buttons on the dash. I like that your navigation screens got that much bigger, but mine is just as big. Are you feeling cramped you know without leg room. Well I have more leg room than I need. I have the 2003 where as the new for '05 S500 which I have seen spy pics of doesn't look as good as even the current S-class. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that my car is fully voice activated and last time I checked the S500 wasn't. The 745Li in one sentence is a luxury sedan that combines the best of modern technology,speed and styling whereas the S500 contains styling from 2000 (don't you love it that for the '03's you get those four white stripes along the tailights the circles on the headlights and the bigger navigation screen). I have to say that the 745Li overall is a better car than the S500 in style and technology and that is what people want. I'll wait and see what MB has in store for '05 until then this is what I think.
What you've just said ENARANG, is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 S500
Gbahri, I totally agree with you. I think this cat just left that post on here to get a rise out of everyone--and unfortunatley he will succeed. He probably went on some BMW forum and started incoherently bragging about how nice his S55 is. Probably just likes the attention.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

BMW 745Li vs. MB S500

Well I dont know how to put this to you, but ummm lets see....... how do I do this without being harsh. Ok I got it. BMW 7 SERIES SUCKS!!!!! BTW the rear legroom is great, BI-XENONS are standard, and the door assist is standard. Lets see what else the seats are a helluva lot easier to work, and heated seats are standard. Looks kill seven series. And the S carries the most widely known symbol in the world. Most people see the new 7 and are wondering what the hell it is. I may not own a S but I know its worth every penny spent on it.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' 335i coupe

BMW 745Li vs. MB S500

hey, this is what I think, get your *** off the board.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:49 AM
Guest0001

Enarang you're a ******.
Old 12-07-2003, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
I agree with treynor! The new BMW 7 series is so ugly as is with all their new models. The E38 750 was nice but Mercedes-Benz S class kicks ***! Why are you even registered to MBworldÉ
Old 12-07-2003, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
I'm gonna try to summarize all this in something we all can understand...

W220 S-Class

BMW 7-Series

EDIT- Oh yeah, forgot to add- "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Last edited by ajayz; 12-07-2003 at 12:57 PM.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
^^^^^^^^ LMAO ROFL
i personaly think its kains father. who else could do this then the little *****es dad
Old 12-07-2003, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Thumbs up

ENARANG: OK,so your girlfriend is more comfortable,more affordable,goes down on you quicker and when you are on top you are not going to fall off(wide body).
Who cares about her looks,right?
Good for you,enjoy the ride.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Originally posted by FIXEDupW209
^^^^^^^^ LMAO ROFL
i personaly think its kains father. who else could do this then the little *****es dad
I think he is kains dad as well. Look at what he posted in the ML55 AMG forum!
Old 12-07-2003, 06:22 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
Ajayz,

great post!

i'm still laughing!

oh...by the way....can i have the phone number
of babe in black?
Old 12-08-2003, 12:43 PM

Hey guys i am a newbie, but saw this thread while surfing and had to react

Sorry BMW boy, in this case you are simply a muppet. If your car is so good:

why do 90% of the press hate/dislike it
Why considering it is a relatively new car is it going to get face lifted so soon, it is because it is pretty?

For these sorts of cars it’s not all about performance, considering that is not really why you bought the car, if you wanted that you could have got an RS6 or E55 (or the old M5). Even though my Digi-Tech S600 delivers 550bhp and does 0-100kph in 4secs, but I love to get booted up the bum by a massive bi-turbo, still I would get lost on the twisties by my remapped Golf (yes golf) R32 remapped to 260bhp and 0-100kph in 5.8secs.

Anyway, back to point, why do you think there are far less 7 series on the road, compared to the S Class, is it because it sells better due to its superiorities or because punters know it is the much weaker option. Possibly they buy it knowing it is a lesser car, but understanding that if there are less of them, they would be rarer, therefore you will get noticed in your ugly beast, pimp daddy.

Anyway the beauty of my S Class is no matter how fast I am going, I will never get a sweaty bum as my air conditioned massaging seats will always be there to keep me cool, calm and collected.

Cheers for my ramblings Newbie,
Woppum
Old 12-08-2003, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by S55inPA
Ajayz,

great post!

i'm still laughing!

oh...by the way....can i have the phone number
of babe in black?

Haha, sorry dude, I got the picture from lebomb's thread.

More pics of W220 in female form in this thread- Pics

Due to lack of demand, I'll spare pics of the 7-series.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:55 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
ajayz,

makes me wonder.....what the hell are we doing posting
about cars!
Old 12-09-2003, 12:07 AM
Almost a Member!

S500
yes I own both and he is right. Mercedes makes a great car too but 7 series is better for me.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:53 PM

03 silver C32 AMG

BMW 745Li vs. MB S500

u think ur 745LI is crazy, but its not

I also like how u still havent posted any pictures of ur
"previous" cars (Rolls Royce, CL600, SL55)...kinda makes me think that ur a liar and never really owned such cars. Going from a Rolls Royce to a 745LI? I dont think anybody would really do that? If anything, such ppl would own both cars. If u really did own a Rolls Royce (which i highly doubt) then thats a serious downgrade....

who cares if ur 745LI was around 8k cheaper

cars like the S-class and 7-Series are status symbols, and status symbols are meant to b expensive. So the more expensive status symbol u can afford the better

besides, Mercedes always cost more than BMW

so S-Class costing more than the 745LI is part of its appeal, it says "I have more money than you"

also the 7 series is ugly(most ppl in this forum and any BMW forum would agree) and I think ur a *******g idiot for buying it and then bragging bout it, especially for bragging bout it in a place such as this forum.

who cares if u can go 0-60 in 5.9 secs? 5.9 secs is slow. for wut its worth, ill smoke ur POS 745LI

if u bought ur 745LI cause u think its fast. then ur twice the idiot because 5.9 secs is NOT fast

also that commercial wit the 7-series racing the motor cycle on the mountain? that was the most unrealistic commercial i've ever seen
Old 12-29-2003, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
VW Phaeton with W12 is faster (5.7 sec) and cheaper than 745, and if you need to talk to your car (I'd prefer people), then Honda can be even better. However, if you care about your image and prestige, then do not buy cheap cars as 745.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW 7 series vs. MB S-class