S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

s class carbon fiber parts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 03:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
s600 amg renntech/ brabus
Lightbulb s class carbon fiber parts?

Looking for anyone interested in carbon fiber trunks, doors, even try to get cornings to do a set up of light weight glass. I have found company to do and I will be getting molds made will determine price after I have idea how many want. I will be doing this regardless of interest. Just trying to see if anyone else wants to use any of these, so it will lower cost some. Door will still use power windows and all factory parts. Will be looking into carbon and leather door panels also maybe slr look fenders and a slr or sls ish type hood. Glass would be replacement but gorilla glass and still safety. Also retains electronics. Also looking into front seats that will still use weight sensors. Since airbag system get mad if you remove passenger side seat sensor. Will be carbon fiber but leather covered so comfortable, will still use raise and front back motor bottom half. Will not have adjustable back. I'm sure other adjustments will allow you to get comfortable. I might be also doing the body kit in carbon fiber. This would be the extreme dimensions 3 kit. I am doing this in hopes to drop a half ton or more off car. Any interest message on here or email me at. Beisenhauer24@comcast.net if interested this is not a group buy I will own the molds just want to see interest if anyone else wants. No money up front. I will have whole car made then will have idea of price of each piece. Payment before part will be made. I am just taking count on interest now. These will be available in color carbon fiber but all will be from same molds. And don't ask why, just doing this because I want to. Also will have upper and lower trunk wing in carbon. Please no dumb questions just serious members interested, this will be very costly but quality will be very high end. These parts are molded from a 2003 s600 so long usa wheel base. Will not be doing a short wheel base. Thank you for your time and interest, brad
The following users liked this post:
Quentin Hicks (05-01-2019)
Old 12-18-2016, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 764 Posts
2003 CL 600
Interesting to see for sure, do you have a racing class you are trying to get into with the lower weight?

The panels and glass will help, but the overall structure of the car is very heavy. There are tons of extra brackets, fasteners, and insulation all over the car that could be removed to save weight if performance was the goal, at the cost of noise and vibration increases. I think you will have to do both to save 1000lbs off the car, but I would love to see it done.

Replacement door panels would be neat, as the stock ones are very plush but have lots of extra material on them. Removing all the wood and having exposed carbon would be very cool.
Old 12-18-2016, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
Interesting to see for sure, do you have a racing class you are trying to get into with the lower weight?

The panels and glass will help, but the overall structure of the car is very heavy. There are tons of extra brackets, fasteners, and insulation all over the car that could be removed to save weight if performance was the goal, at the cost of noise and vibration increases. I think you will have to do both to save 1000lbs off the car, but I would love to see it done.

Replacement door panels would be neat, as the stock ones are very plush but have lots of extra material on them. Removing all the wood and having exposed carbon would be very cool.
No I do race with benz club and drag but just want it faster. Nothing like a family sedan that will smash any Lamborghini or Ferrari ! The other stuff was already done even dumb firewall is gone the foam one. All extra padding even tank wrap. Trunk floor changed to aluminum and stereo replaced with lighter head unit and speakers. Even looking into eliminating sunroof and everything above head liner. Just replace with gorilla glass and keep it glued shut to eliminate tracking and motors. It will just look closed nothing seen just can't open.and I've even changed bolts in engine bay and on engine to shorter lighter bolts. Abc deleted with arrnot system that I now changing to a coil over aluminum system. this will take awhile to do but I don't care it will still be super car fast at half the price. Even chan to titanium wheel bolts and light weight wheels. But bet end result will be more then 1000 pounds cause even trunk weighs alot and when changed will only need support struts not hydraulic or springs. Will post as it goes and give weight numbers as project goes. Stay tuned.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 478 Likes on 424 Posts
Mercedes
Very interested but I would never pay before the part is produced . No one else would when dealing with a new member either

please post pics of your car and your progress . Very interesting if these pieces actually happens !!
Old 12-19-2016, 09:23 AM

Not talking about paying for item before I make them. The molds will be made and my car will be done then anyone interested would be able to order but payment up front it is a hand made part and who would ever make something and not get paid first for product being give to custom. No place would make parts like this and do it for free in hopes you want to pay for it. Or better yet go order new benz and tell them I will pay for it when you build it and get it to me. Also new member 2012 just cause I don't post much does not make me new. Many members contact me through text and calls or emails. Anyway pictures will be available but this project will be long but as each part done pictures and prices will be posted.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:56 AM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
CL500
interesting to see how it turns out, not sure there would be a big market for carbon on the S class cars though, just IMO