S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

unique ac problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
unique ac problem

Hello everyone,
I have been struggling with this for a few months now and mechanics can't figure it out so i thought I would ask the gurus here.

2000 S500 with rear a/c.
new ac compressor and freon filled correctly by indie.

problem: when the car starts in the morning, the ac works perfectly. however once the car is turned off and turned on again within 5 minutes, ac simply doesnt work. no matter what the settings.

if I let the car sit for an hour and start again, ac works perfectly again with cold air as it should.

Had the ac pressure checked, when ac is working normal, the low port and hight port readings are perfect, shut down and restart car, no ac, and the pressure at lo port is really high.

any help / advice will be appreciated.
I already checked the codes from the ac panel inside the car through the secret menu and there aren't any codes, i did however reset the acc control unit numerous times.

thanks again in advance
Old 08-27-2017, 11:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 S600
What if interior thermostat is bad or going bad...by interior review mirror...overhead??? Have heard there's a little fan that draws air across the thermostat...if fan is bad or thermostat is bad....you could have the best a/c ever made by man and it'd never kick on cause the thermostat never sent the signal. Just a thought....really my only guess based on nothing I know. So it kicks on once...cools the interior...breaks the signal either through failure or being forced into an off position. ....then no workee till it internally resets....guess there's a circuit board there by the fan....the board could be going bad too....
Just a wild guess
The following users liked this post:
benz300 (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 01:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the reply,
yes i already changed that part. but still the same situation...