S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

How many people here actually own or lease their Sclass and how many just brag about

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why would he be lying about something like this??
if he wanted to brag, I am sure he could come up with something a BIT better. (no offense)
he probably likes cars as he grew up with them and thats all. I find HIS post a LOT less bragging then others that go something like this
"HEREs my awesome FREAKING CARR!! I am the MAN!"
etc.

This guy was sincere, and honest, and you guys completely shredded him up.

WTF is your problem? Either 1, he is too young and you jealous
or 2, YOU THINK he is lying (which I could BET a S 500 that he isnt WHY? cause the kind of information he gives out... but then again, you would have to read between the lines to understand which, EVEN THOUGH some can afford expensive cars, lack the skill of.

ITs a shame that there are a few FAKE "braggers" and you go judging anyone else who comes along.

Hussain, sorry you gotta live in a place where ppl mistrust you and everyone else THAT much. or enjoy living on bragging for that matter.
Old 05-05-2004, 08:42 PM

too many to list
Hires

Hires,

I appreciate your objective opinion. Like I said earlier, I have pictures of all the cars. What is soo far-fetched? Is it really that unbelievable?

thericker55,

The reason we sell cars after they have an accident is because they are never quite the same. Something starts to rattle or the paintwork is noticeable or the peices dont line up properly like when a fender is replaced and the space between the hood and fender doesnt match the other side. Also, I dont see how your surprised I haven't gotten myself killed. The accident in the E55 was not my fault and I have not mentioned anything about tickets or other accidents so how did you come to this conclusion?
BTW, I changed my sig, hope it passes your seal of approval.

Last edited by Hussain; 05-05-2004 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Re: Hires

Originally posted by Hussain
The reason we sell cars after they have an accident is because they are never quite the same. Something starts to rattle or the paintwork is noticeable or the peices dont line up properly like when a fender is replaced and the space between the hood and fender doesnt match the other side. Also, I dont see how your surprised I haven't gotten myself killed. The accident in the E55 was not my fault and I have not mentioned anything about tickets or other accidents so how did you come to this conclusion?
BTW, I changed my sig, hope it passes your seal of approval. [/B]
Listen kid, I never questioned why you sold or didn't sell your imaginary fleet of cars, as for why I think your probably going to kill yourself or someone else, Why don't you tell us how insurance co. feel about teenagers in fast luxury cars??Your age group is synonymous for bad fast reckless drivers maybe that's why your rates are so high..DUH
Old 05-05-2004, 10:59 PM

c32 & 330i
Hey guys, I have seen Hussian's M5 and his brother's Porsche 911 Turbo. Give him a break, you should not judge a person by his age.

Cheers

Ning
Old 05-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Originally posted by ning
Hey guys, I have seen Hussian's M5 and his brother's Porsche 911 Turbo. Give him a break, you should not judge a person by his age.

Cheers

Ning
though none of us will no the truth for sure, i for1 can vouch and say that I will never make that shizz up cuz it bothers the h-e double hockey sticks out of me. lol
Old 05-05-2004, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211
lol. i love mbworld drama hahahahaha
Old 05-05-2004, 11:48 PM

c32 & 330i
Originally posted by IluvS500
though none of us will no the truth for sure, i for1 can vouch and say that I will never make that shizz up cuz it bothers the h-e double hockey sticks out of me. lol
Whoa, I did not expect comments like this one. Sorry if I have offended you in any way. I said what I had to say to defend my friend and more importantly the truth. And now I shall shut up.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally posted by ning
Whoa, I did not expect comments like this one. Sorry if I have offended you in any way. I said what I had to say to defend my friend and more importantly the truth. And now I shall shut up.
ohhhh nooo i didnt mean it in a mean way, im just saying we can never ever be 100% sure whether or not somebody is telling the truth online, there are so many ways people could make up stuff. And to be honest, I beleive what your friend is saying. I was just stating that I wont ever make anything like that up. I apologize
Old 05-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Almost a Member!

"ohhhh nooo i didnt mean it in a mean way, im just saying we can never ever be 100% sure whether or not somebody is telling the truth online,"

True as well, but really, IF ppl lie about these kind of things, they are suuuure sad people. There are bigger kicks in life, for example, earning a living and getting the real thing..
Old 05-06-2004, 09:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

I think people feel they are going to get flammed if they dont have something great, well look at me i dont have a benz.........yet but i am a huge enthusiast and am working on getting on. People shouldnt care about making an impression and just be happy with who they are.
Old 05-06-2004, 02:03 PM

I couldn't agree more with Tyler's last post!!! Words to live by!!
Old 05-06-2004, 02:06 PM

I'm a lexus, porsche and audi fan!!! I don't like BMW or Benz. My mom drives a 2002 S500 and is very unhappy.

Hussain,

I've got a question, as you might know, we don't like the W220 that much. It's a great car when it's not in the shop. Why did you decide to get two?
Old 05-06-2004, 02:59 PM

too many to list
Lexusfan,

We got our 2000 S500 in December of 1999 before the sport package option was available or the cars were everywhere, but we bought the chrome wheels that now come with the sport package. We never had any major concerns with the 500, its almost at 75,000 miles now and it still a beautiful car. We had wanted a 600 but could not justify it with the price/hp difference. Then when we heard of the refreshment and near 500hp engine it was clear we had to get one. Also, we usually have two S-classes one for mom and one for dad. Also, the wheels on our 600 are the non-sport wheels which have the polished aluminum look and look kinda like triangles.

Anyway, Lexus is great car and I hear the customer service is amazing, but the styling and engine aren't all there IMHO. Also, no offense, but there is a prestige factor you get in a mercedes thats hard to match.

As for BMW, I always like the old 7 but this new 7 bangle edition really isnt doing anything for me. Sure a 760li with some nice wheels would be great but a good friend of mine has a 745i and he constantly has problems. I was with him once and the car wouldnt start. Also, I believe mercedes to have higher resale value. My ///M5 was absolutely amazing and is greatly missed but the service at BMW was terrible and not many people knew what it was.

Our 600 currently has about 15,000 miles on it. We dont drive it too much or long distance and the only real bugs weve had are 1) the keyless go feature says to put the parking selector in P when it is already in P and 2) the TPMS needs to be reset everytime the wheels are balanced or rotated which requires driving for a few minutes. Oh, and the battery dies to easily if you go out of town for a few weeks it wont start when you return. However, I believe the new SL has two batterys to solve this problem.

Im off to the Mercedes service department to turn in the 500 because the right Xenon headlight looks halogen and the sunroof rattles just slightly. I hope I answered all your questions.

Cheers.
Old 05-06-2004, 04:39 PM

2006 Mercedes E350 Sport
I'm 19 and bought my 740il about two years ago on my own.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:47 PM

WHOA!!! That is a very impressive accomplishment!!! I am extremely jealous. At 17, you were able to buy the 7 series on your own? I hope to own an IS300 when I start to drive. My mom will pay the down payment, I'll have to get a job and pay the monthly lease payments.

Hussain,

Thanks for replying to my post. Why didn't you mom just trade the S500 for the S600? Well, I think that most of Lexus' designs are better than BMW, but that's not what's important Lexus are cars that are based on Comfort and Luxury. Also, if you look at the next CL and S-Class, you will see the FUGLINESS!!! The current ones are just beauties. Anyways, why did you sell the IS300 after just one month? What was wrong with the car? I hope to own one, someday, and I'm hoping you can enlighten me on what's so horrible about the car.

I don't think your lying, and I think thericker is just trying to get on your case for no reason, but I think that an M5 or E55 is quite excessive for a new driver, but that just my opinion, FWIW. Do you plan on selling the G?

thanks, sorry if I sound like an *** in this post!!!
Old 05-06-2004, 10:29 PM

too many to list
lexusfan

It is true that Lexus cars are based on comfort and luxury, I have to agree with you there. There was absolutely nothing WRONG with the IS I had for only 30 days. I had purchased it in a hurry with it being a new car and I had higher hopes. I even had carbon fiber interior. After a few days I realized that I had downgraded. I think I have a sickness called New Car Syndrome. After a short period of time I begin to see other cars that I like more than my car. I make good decisions but its very costly. My best friend has a Graphite Grey IS and its really nice, I just wanted something nicer. And in response to your question on if I will keep the G or not, earlier today I was convinced I would order an 05 SL55. However, after seeing a Range Rover with 24'' wheels, I just may keep the G a little bit longer. Its very difficult to decide. They are both on extreme opposites. This is my first SUV and I miss the cornering capabilities of sports cars and obviously the speed. I just dont want to switch and miss what I had.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

yall go through cars to quickly here, when I get my S, if its new im keepin it about 7-10 years. Well regardless of what car I get im keepin it that long, theres now way I could get used to switching cars all the time.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:06 AM

2006 Mercedes E350 Sport
Hussain,

I was 18 (just turned) when I bought my car. I've been brokering insurance since i bought it and have been working at the same office for 3.5 years, it pays to know you work for your cars and money:p

BTW, my 7 might be for sale if I find a CL500 I like
Old 05-07-2004, 05:50 AM
Almost a Member!

" 99bmw740il

Good on you I was "only" 20 when I got my first 730 and THEN my mom had to buy it for me, (well I did earn the money in HER business, but didnt get paid all the years hehe)

Today I am working more independantly (I am still 24) but saving for this and that my wife wants the X5 and I want the S500 L..
so yeah, keep the work coming I say hehe..