S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

damaged ECU

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2018 | 12:14 AM

c class Sport coupe cl203 2004
damaged ECU

My Ecu is damaged beyond repair, Can I purchased used Ecu that is compartible and have it reprogram by Mercedes dealer?
Old 01-01-2018 | 03:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Originally Posted by FEJIRO
My Ecu is damaged beyond repair, Can I purchased used Ecu that is compartible and have it reprogram by Mercedes dealer?
you must buy 4 matched parts from the same donor car - key eCU shifter and ignition switch .

They cannot be reprogrammed but if you get all 4 used parts from the same donor car , no programming is needed . They swap in directly . But you must change all 4 parts . They sell matched sets on eBay for about $350

the only other option is to buy a brand new eCU for about $1000, then it can be programmed and you only need the one part .
Old 01-01-2018 | 11:57 AM

c class Sport coupe cl203 2004
Originally Posted by tusabes

you must buy 4 matched parts from the same donor car - key eCU shifter and ignition switch .

They cannot be reprogrammed but if you get all 4 used parts from the same donor car , no programming is needed . They swap in directly . But you must change all 4 parts . They sell matched sets on eBay for about $350

the only other option is to buy a brand new eCU for about $1000, then it can be programmed and you only need the one part .
Thank you Very Much Tusades! I appreciate it. To be honest with you I have shelled out too much money on this before I took it to Mercedes garage, Mercedes dealer cost for diagnosis is already 320 Euro . I will look for the four parts from the same donor. I have seen many with three but the shifter was not included. In case , Do you know any link to buy a brand new for a 1,000 ? Once again thanks a lot!

Fejiro