S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

strutmaster conversion '05 s600

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 S600
strutmaster conversion '05 s600

Strutmaster conversion. I want to eliminate the hoses which are my continuing problems. Cowboyt had the same issue and made a bypass to keep the pump working. How is this done? He says to go from the outlet of the pump (high pressure?), which has a double bango, and go back to the fluid inlet side of the pump. Am I correct that the outlet of the pump is high pressure and the inlet is low pressure. How does that work. There are two bango fittings, is one steering and the other suspension?. aside from changing to a non ABC steering pump how can I eliminate all the hoses
Old 01-27-2018, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by jkm5022
Strutmaster conversion. I want to eliminate the hoses which are my continuing problems. Cowboyt had the same issue and made a bypass to keep the pump working. How is this done? He says to go from the outlet of the pump (high pressure?), which has a double bango, and go back to the fluid inlet side of the pump. Am I correct that the outlet of the pump is high pressure and the inlet is low pressure. How does that work. There are two bango fittings, is one steering and the other suspension?. aside from changing to a non ABC steering pump how can I eliminate all the hoses
yes you loop the output to the input
no need to remove the hoses from the car

get a yellow speed kit instead of strutmasters
Old 01-27-2018, 06:49 PM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
S55 AMG
No need to keep the ABC pump after the conversion, as it will fail soon afterwards. Here is a useful thread about converting the power steering pump on a V12:

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...only-pump.html

Also, nobody has tried these Ceika coilovers on the forums yet, but they seem to be much better than any other w220 coilover kit (strutmasters, yellowspeed) with the amount of adjustablility and comfort options the others don't have such as rubber top strut mounts and dual springs. So you can take a risk and see how they are, I was planning on getting these whenever I start my conversion too.

https://ceika-store.com/products/cct1m457?locale=en_us
Old 09-06-2018, 06:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 s600
Originally Posted by AlexMercedes
No need to keep the ABC pump after the conversion, as it will fail soon afterwards. Here is a useful thread about converting the power steering pump on a V12:

https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...only-pump.html

Also, nobody has tried these Ceika coilovers on the forums yet, but they seem to be much better than any other w220 coilover kit (strutmasters, yellowspeed) with the amount of adjustablility and comfort options the others don't have such as rubber top strut mounts and dual springs. So you can take a risk and see how they are, I was planning on getting these whenever I start my conversion too.

https://ceika-store.com/products/cct1m457?locale=en_us
Just an fyi, I completed my YSR coilover conversion about two weeks ago now. I ordered the 20kg spring rate for the rear coilovers but, I'm discovering that they are a little too stiff for what I'm looking for. I'll be replacing them with 14kg springs in a few days but thought I would see if someone on the forum would be interested in a set of 20kg springs. BTW, these are on a 03 s600. Please PM me if anyone is interested.

Old 09-16-2018, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 w220 s600
Looking by cowboyt forum

I am having power steering issues pumps making noise please help

Originally Posted by jkm5022
Old 09-16-2018, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 404 Likes on 348 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
This thread is about converting ABC suspension to standard coil-over suspension. You will almost certainly get more and better responses if you start a new thread with a title like "Need Help With Power Steering Pump Noise"

You also need to give a lot more information, such as model year, ABC or Airmatic, what makes you think that the noise is coming from the pump, has the system lost the fluid, etc., etc.