S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

2004 Mercedes s600 - Random misfire at hard acceleration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 08:16 PM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
S55 AMG
Originally Posted by Clark Rupp
I think I'll put a new item in my store....... Lifetime warranty - coil packs $999
Really? What are the terms?

FCP euro charges $1300 for brand new genuine coil packs with lifetime warranty. Are your rebuilt coil packs as robust as a brand new genuine coil pack, or are they built with better components to outlast them? If this proves to be a better option for $300 less, then sign me up!
Old 06-07-2018, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 Mercedes s600
FOLLOW UP... After all the troubleshooting and testing, all I had left is to replace the coil-pack and see if it was the problem again. I decided to give Clark v12 rebuild a chance since he jumped on this form . I ordered Right coil pack from him for $700 + $300 (core charge) + $40 shipping a total of $1040. If the coil pack he send me fixes the problem, then all I do is send him my broken one and I get my $300 core charge back. If it wasn't the problem, I return his coilpack and pay a $90 rental fee for trying it out. I thought it was best option for my situation. I do have to pay for the shipping back and all these shipping charges add up but no taxes. After taking my coilpack out, right away I saw that some of the rubber boots where burned up at cylinder 1,5 & 6. All the cylinder that where misfiring with the random. Can't believe after a year of getting them rebuild by RPM (junk) they went bad. After replacing it with Clarks v12rebuild coilpack, I drove her down street full throttle with no malfunctions. I'm very happy about it all and recommend lifetime warranty with FCP or v12rebuild (clark).

Clark Rupp - I think your $999 Lifetime warranty sounds legit and I would highly recommend it to anybody in the future. The extra $300 is worth the lifetime and still $300 cheaper then new one. No difference in used or new when its a lifetime warranty - my opinion.

I am selling my s600 now and won't be part of this benz world, but truly appreciate this form, the admins and the people who take time to help others. (tusable is example of what not to do on forms)

Peace
Old 06-07-2018, 03:36 PM

Received 69 Likes on 63 Posts
2009 E350 4M Avantgarde;mistress 2002 S600; wife 2014 C300 4M
MB WIS instructions are MANATORY to replace the red insulator at EVERY removal/installation of the coil pack!
Old 06-07-2018, 03:43 PM

2004 Mercedes s600
Originally Posted by kraut56
MB WIS instructions are MANATORY to replace the red insulator at EVERY removal/installation of the coil pack!
Well yea, I have replaced them initially with brand new once on my first rebuild with RPM and also received brand new once with v12rebuild coil pack.

The boots weren't the issue, it was the coilpack malfunctioning causing it to short and burn the boot. I also recommend replacing plugs if you already got the coilpack out.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by TurboSpeed
FOLLOW UP... After all the troubleshooting and testing, all I had left is to replace the coil-pack and see if it was the problem again. I decided to give Clark v12 rebuild a chance since he jumped on this form . I ordered Right coil pack from him for $700 + $300 (core charge) + $40 shipping a total of $1040. If the coil pack he send me fixes the problem, then all I do is send him my broken one and I get my $300 core charge back. If it wasn't the problem, I return his coilpack and pay a $90 rental fee for trying it out. I thought it was best option for my situation. I do have to pay for the shipping back and all these shipping charges add up but no taxes. After taking my coilpack out, right away I saw that some of the rubber boots where burned up at cylinder 1,5 & 6. All the cylinder that where misfiring with the random. Can't believe after a year of getting them rebuild by RPM (junk) they went bad. After replacing it with Clarks v12rebuild coilpack, I drove her down street full throttle with no malfunctions. I'm very happy about it all and recommend lifetime warranty with FCP or v12rebuild (clark).

Clark Rupp - I think your $999 Lifetime warranty sounds legit and I would highly recommend it to anybody in the future. The extra $300 is worth the lifetime and still $300 cheaper then new one. No difference in used or new when its a lifetime warranty - my opinion.

I am selling my s600 now and won't be part of this benz world, but truly appreciate this form, the admins and the people who take time to help others. (tusable is example of what not to do on forms)

Peace
glad to see you go .
if you just followed my advice from the beginning and used Clarks rental program to troubleshoot you wouldn't have had to waste all of our time

here's a helpful parting gift - if you paid Clark by PayPal , PayPal offers a free return shipping reimbursement program . Just upload your return shipping receipt to PayPal and they cover the return shipping costs . It doesn't come out of Clarks pocket it's a PayPal program to get you to use their service

buh bye
The following users liked this post:
tim687 (05-15-2022)
Old 06-07-2018, 05:55 PM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
S55 AMG
So this still begs the question - is Clark going to offer a lifetime coil pack program or not?

I'm in the middle of attempting to restore both my coil packs. If they don't work then I will gladly pay 2k for two lifetime coil packs rebuilt by someone who knows these miserable devices inside and out.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:43 AM

2004 Mercedes s600
Originally Posted by AlexMercedes
So this still begs the question - is Clark going to offer a lifetime coil pack program or not?

I'm in the middle of attempting to restore both my coil packs. If they don't work then I will gladly pay 2k for two lifetime coil packs rebuilt by someone who knows these miserable devices inside and out.
He sure does, I was impressed that he even took time on phone with me to troubleshoot my issues. If its not on his website, i' am sure if you contact him telling him you saw him offer the lifetime warranty for $999 on the form he will honor it.