S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Wiper blades and OEM parts online resource

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
Wiper blades and OEM parts online resource

Hello all. I am looking for a website to buy genuine Mercedes Benz parts like wiper blades insert and accessories like floor mat for the rear passengers. For the wiper blades insert, you have to get genuine OEM blades inserts because of the rain sensing windshield, right? Not concern about the price but wanting to get the best deal and stretch my dollars. The older floor mat has been worn out and the carpet backing is falling onto the carpet. I did a search on Amazon.com and Weathertech offers a set of all weather floor mats for the rear but I am afraid they do not fit. I have the S500V (long wheel base model) which is the same as the S55 wheel base also. Amazon is saying the same model floor mats fits for the regular S500 and S55, which should not be the case. I just bought the front passenger all weather floor mats from Weathertech (about $60) and they fit quite good. I do that for the same reason, the carpet backing is falling apart onto the carpet and leaves black residues everywhere. Also the front floor mats is all wrinkled now after 16 years of usage so it is time to move on to better parts. The car has 122,000 miles but mechanically still good. No complaint on the acceleration of my car but the feedback from the engine is quite loud. I would expect a quieter ride.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,090 Likes on 724 Posts
12 E350 4Matic 13 E350 4Matic AMG Sport
Cool

Eeuroparts and FCPeuro have OEM parts, I went to the dealer for genuine floor mats, I bought some onlne but the quality was inferior. I can only hear my engine under hard acceleration, you may have an exhaust leak.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Also any wipers specified for an S500 will work but the OEM's look the best and have no large block in the middle sticking up which I don't like.
it would be my understanding as far as the US is concerned an S500 and a S55 is the same as your foreign 500L for floor mats.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:50 AM

S500
Hello all. My 2002 S500 rear suspension started having problem. My wife noticed the rear is too low and the message is: "Airmatic too low" or something like that. What is the cost to fix this issue? I know it is a common issue with the W220 chassis so I can live with this. Just one of the problem of having a safe car, having to pay up sometimes. I just got my third car back and now this happens, how convenient! This may be a good time when the OEM parts online website comes real handy but then the mechanic usually like to buy their own parts or else there will not be any warranty in the parts and labor deal. Thank you all for the online parts link.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have the Arnott replacements or new design in the front and Arnott rebuilts in the back, before you start replacing struts, you need to listen closely for air leaks, shortly after one of my rears went off like a shotgun [obvious] the front was sagging evenly at night. fronts were leaking from the top seals, but even after replacing them I still had a valve body leak apparently. This extra run time for the compressor took that out as well. luckily I didn't have any line leaks so 300 for compressor,350 for valve body 300 each for rears and 350 each for the new Arnott design fronts. six weeks later I'm starting to get a height sensor issue I think, so chasing that down now. so again diagnose as best you can before throwing 3k at the problem, but be prepared for renovating the whole system.

I got the Arnott's direct with warranty and the compressor and valve body from Eeuroparts because they were cheapest on OEM parts. others have purchased OEM's from elsewhere with good luck and pricing, so you'll want to check that out
The following users liked this post:
Sengr (06-29-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 08:17 PM

S500
The rear suspension does not look too low. So do I have her towed to the mechanic or I could drive her slowly on Monday morning? Another question is do I need to replace in pairs? I heard it being recommended both ways. Of course when you ask the dealer, they will say replace in pairs. The front struts were already replaced few years ago. So here is the breakdown of cost to replace from dealer: parts $1935, labor $1500 totaling $3435. The parts is costing about $892 a piece when I called another different dealer to find out. From my regular body shop owner: parts $745 each side (OEM parts), labor is 1.6 hours where he charged $95 per hour, totaling about $1800. But he is too old and could not do this kind of job any more. Will know the truth Monday morning when I go to another mechanic recommended by my used car dealer friend. I can live with paying the dealer few hundred dollars more but $1600 more is just too much.
Old 06-29-2018, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The new Arnotts are 375 each, they come with a warranty and they're better than OEM in my opinion, Before you buy parts as I said before diagnose a little more, you may just have a sticky rear height sensor in the back that needs a little lubrication ?