S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Newbie S600 Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 06:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'06 W220 S600, '92 190e
Newbie S600 Owner

Hello everybody! I just found this forum after recently purchasing an '06 S600. Car has 120,000 miles. I'm in Canada but this is a US spec. car which was imported a few years ago. I'm a licensed repair tech so all repairs and sorting out will be done by me. This car fell into my lap and the price was right, mainly due to a dropped suspension. Body is very clean and straight. Engine runs well with no major leaks. Very slight wetness from the rear main seal. Starter also has some minor wetness on it, but not dripping. Wondering if the starter wetness is due to an oil leak from under the intake? I'll need to investigate this further but at least it's acceptable for now... Air pump in trunk doesn't seem to be working as all related functions are inop. - further inspection needed.

I have located the leaking suspension line and it's replacement should be here in a few days. Fingers crossed that the pump is ok.. I have no idea how much run time is on the pump while dry. Do these pumps stand up well when all the oil has leaked out or is a tandem pump replacement likely?

I also noticed that the intercooler cooling circuit is empty. I'll be looking into this as well. Just wondering if there is a common source of leakage and also if the intercoolers ever fail.

I look forward to any insight offered as this brand is new to me. I've mainly worked on Audi and VW and look forward to sorting this car out. Still in the research phase but just itching to get started on this beast!

I'm sure I'll have more questions over the next several weeks and I appreciate any advice and tips you may have! Thanks!
Old 01-25-2019, 11:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'06 W220 S600, '92 190e
Well my suspension is up and holding after replacement of the leaking line. Car runs and drives great except for 3 cylinders mis-firing on one bank under heavy load with subsequent cylinder shut-down. I know where this is going.. Any suggestions as far as coils go? Buy new or source out used or rebuilds? I see a few new aftermarket replacement units out there. Anyone had any luck with those?

Locks and such now working after replacing the pse pump. Next to rip apart my shifter and order the "stuck in park" repair lever part..