W220 strange airmatic problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W220 S320CDI 2002
Unhappy W220 strange airmatic problem

Hello guys,
I own a W220 S320CDI 2002 facelift and i am having trouble with my airmatic system for too long.
Yesterday i came home and parked and the car level was ok. In the morning the vehicle is lowered a lot, mostly in front both sides and in the instrument clusters red color "car too low" comes up. This happens to me every single day. I start the car, compressor works for 1 min and then stop. I start the car again and it does the same. After stoping and starting the car, at some moment the car starts raising. It is really weird.
What did i change:
1) I changed the compressor yesterday brand new very good pressure
2) Compressor relay
3) Valve block (replaced the old one with an used one that i doubt its te problem)
4) Fixed the line between the valve block and the air reservoir because i saw a small crack
5) I used thread seal tape in all of the pipes where the joining happens at valve block
I also checked all the struts for leaks but there are no leaks (test was like this: removed the top valve from the strut and added air pressure using air pump that builds lots of pressure, no hissing sound came from the strut).
I checked all the top valve struts for leaks and there are not.
I am very confused since i almost changed everything.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thank you in advance!