Car shutting off sometimes even while driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 06:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 w220 s350 4matic
Car shutting off sometimes even while driving

Hello everyone,

I have a 2005 w220 s350 4matic (long wheel base). For the past month I've been having this problem where the car just shuts off. Usually while waiting at a stop light. All the lights on the dashboard light up as if I have just turned on the ignition. This has also happened a couple of times while driving. The other thing that happens and seems to be related to this is that sometimes when driving the car jerks, speedo drops to 0 and a message pops up saying "pre safe not available - see owners manual". I think this started happening once when I was driving very hard and trying to drift the car so the esp turned on along with the pre safe stuff such as closing windows, sunroof, tightening seatbelts, etc.

Edit: forgot to add that I took it to the dealership and they ran full diagnostics. They said they couldn't say for certain what was the issue but their hypothesis was that it was the seatbelt control modules since the other control modules reported losing communication with the seatbelt modules.

Last edited by petar artinov; 07-23-2019 at 06:25 AM.