S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

02 s500 ecu eis shifter Any Input Is Welcome

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2019, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 s500
02 s500 ecu eis shifter Any Input Is Welcome

I have a 02 s500 which started having trouble ignition switch key would get stuck then after 5-45 minutes the key would randomly work. Sometimes the key would turn but nothing would happen. I have decided to buy a ecu, eis, key fob, and a shifter from a donor car from eBay ecu same matching numbers my question is will this parts work for me, am very mechanically inclined n have the scanner to rewrite the vin to the ecu .Will this work n can someone please verify am doing this right Thanks Everyone
Old 07-29-2019, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 406 Likes on 350 Posts
2003 S500 2007 GL450
I believe that your car will then have the VIN from the donor car, and that changing it back to your original is very, very difficult.

My understanding is that you can buy a virgin EIS thru the dealer and retain your original VIN, but that is more expensive.

Are you certain that the problem is with the EIS and not the key? Do you have a second key? It is possible for the inductive coil in the key to break, and repair might be possible.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:23 PM

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts
001 s600, 94 sl600
I believe you understand the 4 components mentioned are 'synchronized' with a hidden code set during manufacture by 'the factory' to deter theft of these cars. I would not be surprised if there is another place that security code is recorded and must match the others for the car to 'turn on' correctly.

I would strongly suggest you contact MB USA Technical Support and explain your situation. completely and ask it it will work. You probably do not have the computer system and access codes needed to code the EIS SYSTEM components
I also believe these components have READ ONLY memory and it cannot be changed in the component once ever set. The 'factory' system that does the coding is a Germany Factory only system and never distributed to others to use. IF YOU could acquire the necessary hardware & software, so could nefarious parties and the security vanishes in short order.

It MAY be 'possible' but you may also 'brick' the vehicle completely. Electronic modules such as the EIS SYSTEM very seldom exhibit behavior as described. A poor connection, low battery voltage, defective key are more probable. A good analysis by a qualified MB trained tech using the MBZ genuine diagnosis and repair tools probably will save you from a disaster. A telephone conference with REAL factory EXPERTS is the only safe way to go IMHO.

My Son is a smart and fully trained MBZ and BMW tech and told me replacing ANY of these components was a real PITA, taking over an hour for the factory computer (once connected and authorized, to complete the process, and often had to be repeated because of phone connection caused errors. I have to respect his advice. Not just anyone, even other Techs, could use the recoding system, and they had to have taken and passed the specialized training required and be recognized by 'the system'. There is a Master Record File containing the vehicle 'Build Sheet' and that had to be matched by the vehicle connected before it would start. If the vehicle features complement had been changed and the 'build sheet' NOT updated (using the correct system software), it would 'brick' the vehicle and required a lot of ownership verification steps to 'unbrick' it.

Me I do not personally KNOW, just want to caution you
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (08-02-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 06:14 AM

Received 795 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Originally Posted by S500915
I have a 02 s500 which started having trouble ignition switch key would get stuck then after 5-45 minutes the key would randomly work. Sometimes the key would turn but nothing would happen. I have decided to buy a ecu, eis, key fob, and a shifter from a donor car from eBay ecu same matching numbers my question is will this parts work for me, am very mechanically inclined n have the scanner to rewrite the vin to the ecu .Will this work n can someone please verify am doing this right Thanks Everyone
If you buy a package
shifter - engine ecu - EZS with keys matching S500 2001-2002 you can hook it up and it works
other solution is to hook up a IMMO OFF (Can Filter) on your EZS
The following users liked this post:
biker349 (08-02-2019)