S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

S500 4 Matic Electrical Disfunctions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2020 | 10:21 PM

Mercedes S500 4 Matic & Lincoln Navigator
S500 4 Matic Electrical Disfunctions

Hello,

this is my first time posting ...I’m not sure how everything works on here but I hav a 2006 Mercedes S500 4 Matic (W220)

I just came out of a Jaguar XJ Super V8 ...deff was a better performance car ..obvi then the 500 trim I hav but I absolutely love the car ...the ride ...the feel ...powerful V8 ...both exterior and interior of course! Love it more than my Jag. (Included b/c like everyone to kno I’m not afraid or unable to afford any of the repairs big lux flagship cars have
however im having issues w/ a hand full of things .

the sound on the radio is going in and out
It’ll then read system unavailable...or it’ll turn off and I hav to turn back on unless it reboots itself ...u can imagine how annoying this is!!!

The push to start doesn’t work ...u hav to put the key in the ignition.

when approaching the car..it doesn’t automatically unlock

and trying to figure out to get the curtesy lights to come on when u open the car doors or shut them.

other than that ..the car rides like a dream ...the private seller I got it off of took care of all the big repairs ...u know the ones ...he gave me thousands and thousands dollars in repair cost he had done.

he was an older man ...I guess the electronics wernt as important to him or maybe they were too $$$

anyway if someone can tell me how I can get my radio to stop going in and out ..and the whole unit turning off...how to get the push to start to work again ....and the curtesy lights to come on

please no mean comments...scroll past if u don’t like my post for whatever reason ...I’m here to try and figure out how to go about repairing all these things!
Thankyou!
Old 11-11-2020 | 01:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Best thing to do is get a modern android CarPlay unit that matches the w220 dash perfectly

https://www.erisin.com/products/eris...ay-gps-dsp-dab

also buy the lmbenz-6m cable
https://www.erisin.com/products/eris...s4880e-es7980e

so you can plug the unit directly into the factory amp in the rear left of the trunk

Last edited by tusabes; 11-11-2020 at 01:17 AM.
Old 11-11-2020 | 09:25 AM

Mercedes S500 4 Matic & Lincoln Navigator
Despite the system is old technology...I never liked the look of an after market nav screen ...u could it least always tell ..I notice that cars don’t seem to be worth as much or go for less when they hav an aftermarket nav/radio

I want to figure out how to get this one to work properly
I called somewhere that fixes radios ...waiting to hear back from him
Old 11-11-2020 | 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Did you look at the link I provided ? This one does not look like an aftermarket radio with plain square touch screen , i agree with you putting a square aftermarket radio cheapens it

look at the link , thus radio is custom for the w220 its is curved and its buttons on the side matches the style of the factory radio

Last edited by tusabes; 11-11-2020 at 02:19 PM.