S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Accelerator voltage readings?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes S500
Accelerator voltage readings?

Hi my 2003 S500 won't accelerate at all. When I hook up icarsoft mb2 in the engine page I can read voltages for the accelerator pedal for both signal 1 and signal 2 but can anyone confirm what the voltages are suppose to be? I have swapped out the accelerator pedal also and didn't fix it.

From memory signal 1 voltage goes from close to zero volts all the way up to about 4.7 volts as I push the accelerator pedal in. Signal 2 voltage goes up to about 2 volts I think...This is through icarsoft mb2. Can someone confirm this? I am not sure if the two signals are supposed to be the same as a redundancy feature? Or if they are opposite, i.e. signal 1 starts 5 volts and goes to 0 as you push and signal 2 starts at 0 and goes to 5 volts?

So the computer is reading SOME voltages, but maybe computer is not passing the command onto the throttle?
Thanks.
Old 03-30-2021, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 425 Posts
Mercedes
You swapped out the pedal with what? Another used pedal or Ebay pedal ? They are all no good .

you need a brand new pedal from mb
Old 03-30-2021, 04:24 PM

Mercedes S500
Originally Posted by tusabes
You swapped out the pedal with what? Another used pedal or Ebay pedal ? They are all no good .

you need a brand new pedal from mb
I swapped out with two different pedals. One was from another s500 I have for parts and that pedal was working. But I thought maybe I damaged this pedal as I had accidentally wired the throttle motor drive wires back to the pedal itself when I was replacing the electrical harness. (used a 99 harness on my 03 and plugs were different)

So I bought an eBay pedal that was advertised as confirmed good. So I doubt two pedals are bad. It’s just a potentiometer so if someone has voltage reading of signal 1 and 2 with pedal fully out then full in?
Old 03-30-2021, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Lol do you know why I knew you bought used pedals ?

because all eBay pedals are bad
get a brand new one from mb
Old 03-30-2021, 06:57 PM

Mercedes S500
Hi tusabes, do you have icarsoft or other MB software which shows accelerator voltages? If so would you mind hooking it up to your S500 and reading the voltages of signal 1 and 2 with accelerator full out and full in? Or making a quick youtube video?

I can't imagine three pedals are bad. My electrical harness was replaced due to an engine fire so the original accelerator pedal was fine. The second pedal came from a spare parts car I bought and I drove it so it was also good pedal. The third one from ebay maybe bad, but its showing same voltage as the original pedal which was good... So I have to go in another direction than purchasing another pedal.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Omfg you didn’t think to mention that little detail of An ENGINE FIRE would be relevant ?

giving us only bits and pieces, so we have to guess as to what’s happening , isn’t helpful so no I won’t be hooking up anything for you
Old 03-30-2021, 09:09 PM

Mercedes S500
Mate the engine fire is irrelevant. I mentioned I changed the electrical harness which is all that matters. For your reference here> https://mbworld.org/forums/s-class-w...-diagrams.html

Presently your doing what's called trolling. Not providing a useful answer or response and attempting to provoke a non-related emotional response.

I just need the voltages. Don't wanna help then see ya...

Anyone else?
Old 03-30-2021, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
Then get a proper 2003 harness, not a 99 harness
Old 03-30-2021, 10:39 PM

Mercedes S500
Originally Posted by tusabes
Then get a proper 2003 harness, not a 99 harness
I don't need a 2003 harness. The wires are the same as long as they are routed correctly. I checked everyone of the hundred or so wires. I need the voltages for the accelerator pedal. Then I can confirm if the pedal is good or not, and then I can look at the throttle body and maybe the harness for incorrect wiring...