New Black Wheels....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 02:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 S500
Originally Posted by HITMAN
Like the wheels and tires but the rest of the stuff is ugly, but thats just me
"Ugly" ??? Thats a little harsh dont you think? Thats what I luv and hate about these forums. People dont sugar-coat anything and often times arent very tactful. But, as you said that is "just you" and your opinion...and one you are entitled to. Glad that you like my tires...LOL
Old 09-26-2004, 02:43 PM

2000 S500
Originally Posted by ano0oj
Sorry man, I don't really like it...For some reason, I dont like black wheels at all
It looks much better in person. The chrome lip really puts everything together. Someone else on here had mentioned putting black wheels on my car and I thought maybe it would be "do-able" if I had a black car, but then I saw a silver BMW 745 with black wheels on Dazz Motorsports' website and it really changed my mind. I like it cuz it is a little different. It has really grown on me. But when next spring rolls around--trust me--the LM5s are going back on with no hesitation.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:48 PM

2000 S500
Originally Posted by ArMaNi S500
you need to have it lowered. i like it except for the taillight rings. i tried it on mine and thought it was over-doing it with chrome. everything else is looking niice.
Thanks Armani. I actually took off the tail-light rings a couple weeks ago. Your right--its overkill, but then some people would say that the entire car is "overkill." I knew when I got them that it would be hit or miss and I figured I would put them on for a couple weeks and see how I felt about them. Its too much and they dont fit on the car very good either. We are on the same page Armani. They are sitting in a landfill somewhere
Old 09-30-2004, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320
hey mike
one suggestion

Cut your suspension
and lower the car

there is something missing with the car
Dang!
Just get them Lowered till the max
hueheuhee
Old 09-30-2004, 10:39 PM

2000 S500
Originally Posted by carlssonW208Rs
hey mike
one suggestion

Cut your suspension
and lower the car

there is something missing with the car
Dang!
Just get them Lowered till the max
hueheuhee
I am just a little leary of that. I had problems with the rear LM5s rubbing until I had the inner lining of the wheel well shaved off. Seems like lowering it would re-initiate that rubbing or will it? Suggestions?
Old 10-01-2004, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by HITMAN
Like the wheels and tires but the rest of the stuff is ugly, but thats just me

Originally Posted by dmike67
"Ugly" ??? Thats a little harsh dont you think? Thats what I luv and hate about these forums. People dont sugar-coat anything and often times arent very tactful. But, as you said that is "just you" and your opinion...and one you are entitled to. Glad that you like my tires...LOL
He WAS sugar-coating it for you. As for me all i can say is that i like the tires
Old 10-01-2004, 08:20 PM

2000 S500
Originally Posted by ChuckLane
He WAS sugar-coating it for you. As for me all i can say is that i like the tires
Thanks for the compliment on my tires . Well, I have recd way more positive comments than negative ones, but the bottom line is I like the look. I guess when it is all said and done thats what really counts. Maybe I will grow up one day
Old 10-01-2004, 11:39 PM

2000 Mercedes S500
Hey mike as for the rubbing concern in the rear, I wouldn't worry about it. You mentioned shaving a piece in the inner wheel well, my guess is the back right? I've heard of many S classes having that same problem. I didn't, fortunately, and I did lower my car on 20's with rb tech's kit and found no problems. Simply a better resulting looks and grip on the road. The rear suspension has an independent adjusting link which you could raise/lower the car by about an inch. The front would need to have the torsion bars replaced. Good luck. I'd say go for it. It'll be the icing on your cake.

Old 10-02-2004, 10:26 AM

2000 S500
Hey mike as for the rubbing concern in the rear, I wouldn't worry about it. You mentioned shaving a piece in the inner wheel well, my guess is the back right? I've heard of many S classes having that same problem. I didn't, fortunately, and I did lower my car on 20's with rb tech's kit and found no problems. Simply a better resulting looks and grip on the road. The rear suspension has an independent adjusting link which you could raise/lower the car by about an inch. The front would need to have the torsion bars replaced. Good luck. I'd say go for it. It'll be the icing on your cake.

Armani, whats the total investment to have that done and can you trust most places to install it or did you have it done at the dealership? I like the idea of the car gripping the road better. And yes--you are correct--the rubbing was mainly the passenger side/rear that was rubbing the most mainly over highway dips. Thanks....
Old 10-07-2004, 02:29 PM

2000 Mercedes S500
Hey mike. Haven't been on the forum in a while. I can tell you the kit itself should cost no more than $250. I could suggest you to the person that sold it to me unless you were able to find a less expensive price. As for the installation, a friend of mine has a body shop so he did it for me. What I did notice though was that it seemed to be very easy. If you were to take it to a normal body shop I don't see it taking more than 45 mins, tops. Basically you just remove the old torsion bar and replace it with the new one. One piece of advice I can offer is that there IS a left/ride and you should make sure they don't slap the wrong one on there and just force the bolt tight. But that's about it. Loosen a couple bolts, remove it, add the new one, tighten the bolt. As for the rear, there's already an adjusting link that can adjust the rear's height. Use the guide (included with the purchase of the kit) to see where to slide the bar in order to get the drop you want. I followed it and the result was my rear being slightly higher than the front, but I like it since it looks more aggressive. You might have to play with it a couple times to match your preference. Hope that helps. Btw, it grips around turns real nice.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:30 PM

2000 S500
Hey mike. Haven't been on the forum in a while. I can tell you the kit itself should cost no more than $250. I could suggest you to the person that sold it to me unless you were able to find a less expensive price. As for the installation, a friend of mine has a body shop so he did it for me. What I did notice though was that it seemed to be very easy. If you were to take it to a normal body shop I don't see it taking more than 45 mins, tops. Basically you just remove the old torsion bar and replace it with the new one. One piece of advice I can offer is that there IS a left/ride and you should make sure they don't slap the wrong one on there and just force the bolt tight. But that's about it. Loosen a couple bolts, remove it, add the new one, tighten the bolt. As for the rear, there's already an adjusting link that can adjust the rear's height. Use the guide (included with the purchase of the kit) to see where to slide the bar in order to get the drop you want. I followed it and the result was my rear being slightly higher than the front, but I like it since it looks more aggressive. You might have to play with it a couple times to match your preference. Hope that helps. Btw, it grips around turns real nice.
Thank You Very Much Armani. I will look into it....
Old 10-02-2005, 05:48 PM
CST

dmike...what are the actual rim\width sizes? 9" and 10"?
Is that the stock height on the suspension?