PermaPlate car treatments

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
PermaPlate car treatments

Just got an S430 and dealer offers a treatment for the paint, fabric and leather as a package. It is called PermaPlate and comes highly recommended by the dealer (wonder why..:-) I don't know what the price is list but they would do it for $595?

I have never bought into any of these treatment things but would like some feedback on this specific product (PermaPlate), not the plus and minus factors of dealer treatment plans and whether they are rip-offs or not.

Their brochure has a web site www.permaplate.com

Thanks...
Old 10-02-2005, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ML350
I did get the PermaPlate protection package for 595$ when I got my 2006 ML350. According to me, it is very worth as it provides replacement guarantee if the problem does not get fixed by them, that includes exterior pain, interior leather, dash and all other costly items to fix/replace in MB. They also claim that it also elimiates the need for waxing the car.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
!
Don't get it, it's a waste of a lot of money.
For that price, you can work on your own car and actually give it some real protection. There is nothing out there that will eliminate the need for waxing.

Now, it might be worth it to get it for replacements on the interior, but IMO what's the chance of that happening?

You'll save a few hundred by buying Zaino carwash/wax products and working on the car yourself. The results just don't lie.

Old 10-02-2005, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by firstmbml350
I did get the PermaPlate protection package for 595$ when I got my 2006 ML350. According to me, it is very worth as it provides replacement guarantee if the problem does not get fixed by them, that includes exterior pain, interior leather, dash and all other costly items to fix/replace in MB. They also claim that it also elimiates the need for waxing the car.
Thanks for the input. I still have some doubts about these treatments. I have never even considered them (since 1955 new Oldsmobile Super 88) but because this was recommended by MB I thought I would look into it.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
!
Don't get it, it's a waste of a lot of money.
For that price, you can work on your own car and actually give it some real protection. There is nothing out there that will eliminate the need for waxing.

Now, it might be worth it to get it for replacements on the interior, but IMO what's the chance of that happening?

You'll save a few hundred by buying Zaino carwash/wax products and working on the car yourself. The results just don't lie.

Hi Ricky...as I told someone in another forum...I am past the time of washing and waxing my own car...:-)

My E that I traded was pristine inside and outside as well. Never waxed (well did have it detailed) it or treated the leather in 2 years of ownership. I am very easy on a car. I think what I will do is contact the detailer who I have used from time to time and have him apply a coat of wax or apply the Zaino for me. Thanks for the insight.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

Anytime.
I understand that it does require.. ahem.. a different kind of person to do the kind of stuff to their own car, but my original opinion still stands.
Save your money from the Permaplate, and get a professional detail done instead every few weeks.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ght=PermaPlate

A lot of members in both of those distinct threads share the same sentiment that I do.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal

A lot of members in both of those distinct threads share the same sentiment that I do.
Should have done a search first and post in the correct forum...one learns from his (or her) mistakes...:-)
Old 10-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

No don't even worry about it.
I haven't moved it yet because I think it's relevant to the W220.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 S500
Permaplate is basically insurance

Basically you are paying for the warranty. It costs the dealer about $150. I got it on my Land Cruiser and it paid off big time because the paint on the hood faided.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by andystock
Basically you are paying for the warranty. It costs the dealer about $150. I got it on my Land Cruiser and it paid off big time because the paint on the hood faided.
Thanks for the input...I think I am going to pass. None of the MB's I have owned (many) I have never had paint problems.