S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Tipping the advisor at the dealership?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 02:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tipping the advisor at the dealership?

Just wondering if anyone ever tip the advisor when getting your car service at the dealership. I am never happy with the service I get from either Pensky or Rusnak (Pasadena or Arcadia). My friend would tell me to tip the advisor $20 each time I bring my car in for service. He thinks by tipping the advisor, I might get a return call faster whenever I leave a message, don’t have to beg for a rent-a-car, service my car faster, or even discount on service that are not cover by warranty. I personally thought it is STUPID to tip them. What do you guys think?
Old 09-30-2004, 04:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A bucket on wheels
don't tip....they arn't valet drivers. Bring a nice bottle of wine if you like.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Originally Posted by keeenos
Just wondering if anyone ever tip the advisor when getting your car service at the dealership. I am never happy with the service I get from either Pensky or Rusnak (Pasadena or Arcadia). My friend would tell me to tip the advisor $20 each time I bring my car in for service. He thinks by tipping the advisor, I might get a return call faster whenever I leave a message, don’t have to beg for a rent-a-car, service my car faster, or even discount on service that are not cover by warranty. I personally thought it is STUPID to tip them. What do you guys think?
instead of tipping them... find an advisor you can get along with...

my advisor is real cool, so when I bring it in, he hooks me up... lowered prices, loaners, etc...