S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

all i can say is wow

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all i can say is wow

My father just bought a 2001 s500. He went out of town for work and let me drive it for a couple weeks. I guess he feels sorry for me because I am a poor medical student and I usually bounce up and down everyday to school in a ford truck. All i can say is WHAT A VEHICLE!! I never knew driving could be such a relaxing experience. It has really made the 30 drive to and from school the best part of my day. I guess I never realized how big of a difference there is between a car like this and a domestic car (or truck). Everything about this machine is a pleasure to the senses; the feel of the leather, the smooth ride, the power of the engine etc.. When i first saw the car i thought that it would drive like a big town car. I was wrong. It is amazing how nimble this large car is.

I have much respect for those of you in this forum that have worked hard enough in life to be able to enjoy one of these cars and have the intelligence to spend your hard earned money on such a quality product. I can only imagine what kind of s class will be available when I am able to afford one.

Anyways, just wanted to give my 2 cents. For those of you that are fortunate enough to be able to get into one of these cars everyday, dont take it for granted. Your hard work has paid off. Driving this car has really motivated me to keep working hard. I am truly lucky to be able to work at a job in the future that will give me the opportunity to do somehting I love and have some of the finer things in life (LIKE A 2008 SCLASS!!!!)
Old 10-08-2004, 09:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 Mercedes S500
After becoming a graduate of medical school you WILL be able to get yourself a new S class for sure. Best of luck to you.

PS How bout your father swap cars with you one day of the week. That way he remains humble when going back to the S class and you could get a sample (and be motivated) of what's to come in the future.

Old 10-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are working on the assumption that such gas-guzzlers will be sold in the future. Dont assume anything.

The rate of fuel consumption has a finite supply. In the 1970's the USA consumed in one decade more oil than all the worlds consumption in the 2000 years before that era. Now that China is becoming mechanised and cars more common expect the record books to be rewritten.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:57 PM

2010 Charcoal Grey E350 Coupe
Don't let the last poster dash your hopes. I have a 320,and you are so right, when you drive one these cars ,there's just no going back to something lesser.
Keep up your hard wok,and you too will know. Good Luck!!
Old 10-09-2004, 06:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ruffrob
Don't let the last poster dash your hopes. I have a 320,and you are so right, when you drive one these cars ,there's just no going back to something lesser.
Keep up your hard wok,and you too will know. Good Luck!!
.... you can live it up or you can go slow and make it last.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:23 PM

CLK320
Work Hard While you are student
Once you graduate from your medical school
i really think you will get more then a benz
heuheuehueh
Old 10-19-2004, 07:54 PM

E200 Kompressor (sold 2008), BMW 7 series (2009), now waiting for the E63
For what it's worth, getting a Benz or aiming to get one shouldn't figure highly on the list of "reasons why I got into medical school".

Then again, if perchance one ends up making enough moolah from being a great doctor to one's patients - and ends up being able to afford a Benz (or any of life's little luxuries), then more power to you