S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

New to the Message Board. Hi! I'm Jason

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New to the Message Board. Hi! I'm Jason

Hi all. I was told by a friend that this is a very useful board for exchanging ideas and answering problems with fellow enthusiasts.

This is my car ...
www.cardomain.com/id/jting2

I just wanted to see if anyone has information on upgrading your navigation. I have a 2000 S500 and think the navigation is not all that great. I'm coming out of an SC430 (the nav was awesome in that car).

If you can, please post a picture of your upgraded navi.

Thanks!
Jason
Old 10-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 Mercedes S55
Thumbs up Welcome to MBWorld!

Nice ride man! I like the ride height you have on your car. How did you lower your car? Any rubbing issues? Love the side skirt l.e.d. lights. Where did you get them?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Trust me, you're not the only one who hates Mercedes's Comand navigation, it's a piece of ****.

If you thought Lexus had a kickass Navi system, you should try Hondas!
Old 10-14-2004, 10:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 Mercedes S500
Gorgeous. Most definitely. You might want to get the brabus fog light bulbs to match the xenon and side skirt lights? maybe piaa bulbs or something. i'm curious, what did you use to drop the car and what year is that?
Old 10-15-2004, 05:46 AM

welcome :)

Thats one good lokking car alright

Andrée
Old 10-15-2004, 09:58 AM

W220
Exclamation

Beautiful car, wildting!
Old 10-15-2004, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the comments. I actually have the side mirrors, foglights, and brabus illuminating door trim at home. Just haven't had time to install them. I'll post pics after I get that done. I had it custom dropped. No rubbing at all. Just a little annoying going into and out of driveways. I might raise it back up. I figured out how to bring the Command 3.0 into my 2000 S500. If you guys are interested in learning how to do this (at a reasonable price), let me know. In addition, I'll be able to hook up an AV device and play VCDs straight up while driving.

=)

Fun!

BTW, it's a full Brabus kit. This little lights come with the side skirts (option upgrade). They don't stay on while I drive so it doesn't look ghetto. Only turn on and off when I unlock/lock the doors.

Regards
Old 10-15-2004, 04:00 PM

W220
Command 3.0 upgrade sounds interesting...
Any loss of functionality (i.e. Phone connectivity, etc.)
Please post some pics of your Command 3.0...
Old 10-15-2004, 05:54 PM

Not installed yet. NO loss of any functionality from what I know about the product. And on top of that, you get an extra AV input.

I'll let you know in a few weeks.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:45 PM

2000 S500
One of the cleanest I've seen. The Brabus kit is hot!! I'm definately thinking about it full Brabus now. Who sells authentic Brabus at a reasonable price?
Old 10-16-2004, 01:50 PM

My main hookup is in Los Angeles. I'll find out a good Florida connection for you. What's your email?

Regards
Old 10-16-2004, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211
Originally Posted by ArMaNi S500
Gorgeous. Most definitely. You might want to get the brabus fog light bulbs to match the xenon and side skirt lights? maybe piaa bulbs or something. i'm curious, what did you use to drop the car and what year is that?
you're prob referring to the dual fogs on each side huh. hmmm those only come in for 2003 bumpers and above for facelift i think.

wildting your car is clean. very nice
Old 10-16-2004, 08:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Wow, I love black. Very, very clean.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by ericktu
you're prob referring to the dual fogs on each side huh. hmmm those only come in for 2003 bumpers and above for facelift i think.

wildting your car is clean. very nice
Thanks ericktu! You're ride looks SWEEET! Any changes to the interior? My upgrade NAV unit is in the mail and I should get it next week! I've got the dual fogs... just haven't installed them. We should meet up. I'm in San Mateo and looks like you're in the bay area too!
Old 10-18-2004, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
The only way your going to meet up w/Eiricka is if his poppa drives him to meet you..

Originally Posted by wildting
Thanks ericktu! You're ride looks SWEEET! Any changes to the interior? My upgrade NAV unit is in the mail and I should get it next week! I've got the dual fogs... just haven't installed them. We should meet up. I'm in San Mateo and looks like you're in the bay area too!
You've got to read some of the other posts on this forum, Ericka's only 15-16 years old and has been (Pretending) his fathers car, job, and identity are his.
Someone exposed all his lies a few months ago.... By the way very nice ride! welcome to the Forum....
Old 10-18-2004, 10:35 PM

W211
ok im 17 years old. is that a problem? my parents bought this car. so what? i still paid for all the modifications. anyways ignore ericker55 he is the jerk of the forum always trying to get on my case because of my age. lol loser =/

anyways wildting, we can still meet up if you want to. im getting two 7" headrest monitors installed soon. for interior modifications i have the Lorinser steering wheel. thats it. prob going to get the interior restitched with white stitching and perhaps white or titanium carbon fiber trim in the future

Last edited by ericktu; 10-18-2004 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Come on now Ericka I'm not on your case because your 15-17 years old

[QUOTE=ericktu]ok im 17 years old. is that a problem? my parents bought this car. so what? i still paid for all the modifications. anyways ignore ericker55 he is the jerk of the forum always trying to get on my case because of my age. lol loser =/

I'm sick and tired of little liars like you constantly B*ll Sh*ting on here...
Let's stop pretending some 15-17 yr old kid is going to come up with thousands of dollars worth of upgrades, and then to top it off it's your dad's daily driver! he's not going to give you Carte Blanche! to do whatever you want to it, (I'm sure plenty of you other forum members will agree w/me, when you were Erica's age would your dad let you drive his best car? let alone modify it in anyway? HELL NO! not in my family and neither will I if I ever have some snot nosed 16 year old ask for the keys to my Mercedes) it's not like your family is obscenely rich, it's just an S430! I've seen your other posts where you lied about it being an S500! So just stop chicken hawking on new forum members, to believe your fairy tales....
Old 10-18-2004, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09' 335i coupe
oh man! Crazy car! keep us updated on the mods

[QUOTE=thericker55]
ok im 17 years old. is that a problem? my parents bought this car. so what? i still paid for all the modifications. anyways ignore ericker55 he is the jerk of the forum always trying to get on my case because of my age. lol loser =/

Let's stop pretending some 15-17 yr old kid is going to come up with thousands of dollars worth of upgrades, and then to top it off it's your dad's daily driver! he's not going to give you Carte Blanche! to do whatever you want to it, (I'm sure plenty of you other forum members will agree w/me, when you were Erica's age would your dad let you drive his best car? let alone modify it in anyway? HELL NO! not in my family and neither will I if I ever have some snot nosed 16 year old ask for the keys to my Mercedes) it's not like your family is obscenely rich, it's just an S430! I've seen your other posts where you lied about it being an S500! So just stop chicken hawking on new forum members, to believe your fairy tales....
Hey, let erik do whatever he chooses to. Does this affect you in any way possible? No need to belittle a member.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:47 PM

W211
[QUOTE=thericker55]

lol no one really wants to listen to you. im sorry. did you have a childhood problem where no one in the world cared what u wanted to whine about? and now u have to prove your manhood and try to be cool and put other people down on the forum to make you feel better? and by the way how would you know its his daily driver or his best car? hahaha stop assuming things and get a life pleeeaaaseee.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
[QUOTE=thericker55]

Mann......Mr. thericker55, stop giving people with the nice ride a hard time... ..You are full of crap too... .....You posting you going to get S55 or a nice rims for your S500.... ...and what I see nothing.... ...You telling me that I am full of crap for having SL Brabus, asking me to post some picture. So I did at the kill stoy thread "SL beat E55" That picture took at the MB world meeting on Aug. 21... ... This guy Mr. thericker55 have no life he call Brabus USA to see if I get my car done there.. ....Mannnnn... .....thericker55 get a life!! And stop giving people a hard time... ......
Old 10-19-2004, 03:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Who are you suppose to be? the Mother theresa of this site??

Originally Posted by ano0oj
oh man! Crazy car! keep us updated on the mods

Hey, let erik do whatever he chooses to. Does this affect you in any way possible? No need to belittle a member.
But out! this little punk has it coming and it's none of your concern what I do...

Last edited by Thericker; 10-19-2004 at 03:55 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
You never quit while your ahead? always gotta put your foot in your mouth..

Originally Posted by SL BRABUS
Mann......Mr. thericker55, stop giving people with the nice ride a hard time... ..You are full of crap too... .....You posting you going to get S55 or a nice rims for your S500.... ...and what I see nothing.... ...You telling me that I am full of crap for having SL Brabus, asking me to post some picture. So I did at the kill stoy thread "SL beat E55" That picture took at the MB world meeting on Aug. 21... ... This guy Mr. thericker55 have no life he call Brabus USA to see if I get my car done there.. ....Mannnnn... .....thericker55 get a life!! And stop giving people a hard time... ......
The difference between what I post about my car is I don't lie about it! Your reading comprehension is obviously on par with your pathetic writing skills or you wouldn't get what I say in my post's so screwed up. don't try and jump on the band wagon and put your retarded comments in.
I've put plenty of pic's of my car up, but you say you own this special SLBrabus modified car what year is it again 1990 something big deal! let's see some more pic's, you just have some random shot from a car meet that you probably pirated..
Old 10-19-2004, 03:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Ericka your pure entertainment for me, as well as your gay little groupies

lol no one really wants to listen to you. im sorry. did you have a childhood problem where no one in the world cared what u wanted to whine about? and now u have to prove your manhood and try to be cool and put other people down on the forum to make you feel better? and by the way how would you know its his daily driver or his best car? hahaha stop assuming things and get a life pleeeaaaseee.
OK Ericka, have your daddy sign up and become a member, and if he can prove to me, and the rest of the members (Some sort of Legal Documentation proving you paid $$ for all the upgrades, and that he let's you drive it by yourself, the only way you'll be able to prove the last one is to meet 1 of the Moderators w/your daddy assuring the mod all is true) I'll leave this site and you can live happily ever after in your little imaginary cyber world.... Goodluck D*psh*t...
Old 10-19-2004, 10:11 AM

W211
Originally Posted by thericker55
OK Ericka, have your daddy sign up and become a member, and if he can prove to me, and the rest of the members (Some sort of Legal Documentation proving you paid $$ for all the upgrades, and that he let's you drive it by yourself, the only way you'll be able to prove the last one is to meet 1 of the Moderators w/your daddy assuring the mod all is true) I'll leave this site and you can live happily ever after in your little imaginary cyber world.... Goodluck D*psh*t...
hahahahah why would i go through so much trouble just to prove to some loser like you. do i get some gratification and good feelings about proving to pathetic mr theericker55? and why are you dissing the other guys car? mr i-have-the-best car LOL stfu. according to all this, you take the forums way too seriously and you need to stop crying.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:04 PM

Umm... alrighttyyy... I didn't mean for this message thread to turn into a battle ground. As far as I'm concerned. Everyone here is great because everyone here are enthusiasts. I'd love to check out your Lorinser after the mods. Is there a way to private message people in this message board?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: New to the Message Board. Hi! I'm Jason