S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Restoring the S600 With Brilliant Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 08:11 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2001 S600 Lorinser Body Kit & W215 Front-End Conversion
Restoring the S600 With Brilliant Exhaust

So I plan on restoring my 2001 S600 which is equipped with Brilliant Exhaust from Mr. Sasaki in Japan. This includes engine rebuild/replacement of the oil cooler, as well as body work on the Lorinser F01 body kit. The engine had 54k original miles but in the last few months, I've discovered alot of odd mysteries of this engine. So instead of rebuilding this, I bought a donor engine which I will be rebuilding. I was able to find a good benz mechanic who has rebuilt many of these M137 engines. I'll be documenting the build as best as possible on my YouTube channel(https://www.youtube.com/@SHOoffNYC).

I know these engines are the least popular for rebuilds as they are costly and give nothing in return in terms of performance. But given that I have the Brilliant Exhaust installed and was struck with the infamous oil cooler leak. I was never able to properly enjoy it. So the time has come to once and for all - finish what I started over six years ago. It will be an expensive venture for sure. I've already got over $20K invested. But, you know what they say. An enthusiast is an enthusiast. I love the W220 S-Class and I couldn't throw this car away and simply swap the exhaust to another S-Class. There is something special in restoring a car from ground up. I've restored a mustang foxbody in my youthful days. So I wanna finish this off and finally call it a day and properly move on to another project perhaps. I'm buying all the parts as well speak.

I'll be making videos with updates on my YouTube channel. Wondering if the OG W220 owners are still lurking around like wallyp & kraut56. I know tusabes is always here . I'm an old schooler. I still enjoy forums than other newer forms of social media. Anyways, I could use some help along the way as I start the rebuilding process. I just wanna make sure I have all the parts at once before I start. Anyways, if anyone wants to follow, if they haven't already you can catch my videos on YouTube(https://www.youtube.com/@SHOoffNYC) and Instagram(https://www.instagram.com/shooffnyc2/).

Here are some before(6 years ago) and after(2 months ago).

Before(6 years ago)

After(2 months ago)

After(2 months ago)
Old 11-16-2023, 04:14 AM

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
W215 CL500 2005
Interesting car. Have you any "normal" pictures?
Old 11-16-2023, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 479 Likes on 425 Posts
Mercedes
I love it! You might want to post on the Benzworld.org website there are more people active in the W-2 20 forum. there’s almost no one active here anymore I think you have the only coupe nose w 220 sedan in America.
The following users liked this post:
shooffnyc (11-19-2023)
Old 11-19-2023, 04:54 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2001 S600 Lorinser Body Kit & W215 Front-End Conversion
Originally Posted by tusabes
I love it! You might want to post on the Benzworld.org website there are more people active in the W-2 20 forum. there’s almost no one active here anymore I think you have the only coupe nose w 220 sedan in America.
Thanks tusabes. Ok I'll head there and do that. I have an account with them I created back in 2016. Haven't been there since lol. See you there!