S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Erasing SRS light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 01:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL55
Erasing SRS light

I have an SRS fault, but no codes and I can’t find any modules which are not working. The previous owner fitted a passenger seat emulator, so I wonder if they didn’t erase the fault off the system?

Another thing - I don’t get any seatbelt warnings on the instrument cluster - should I?

Is the only way to clear this fault to use Star?

Thanks

This comes up on start, ‘1 malfunction’ when I turn the engine off.

Last edited by randall977; 03-01-2024 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-04-2024, 02:51 AM

Received 140 Likes on 128 Posts
CL 600 '00 5.8L V12
Get access to DAS/SDS/Xentry and read out the SRS system
Old 03-07-2024, 03:37 AM

CL55
I bought Xentry and it says that there are no airbag fault codes, either current or stored. This is pretty frustrating for two reasons - I just spent a lot of money on Xentry and I still have the same warning light.

It seems to me that the passenger seat emulator is the most likely cause of the issue. I think it’s one where they reused the plug from the seat sensor. Should I wire the seat sensor back in?

Thanks
Old 03-09-2024, 08:49 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
S55
Originally Posted by randall977
I bought Xentry and it says that there are no airbag fault codes, either current or stored. This is pretty frustrating for two reasons - I just spent a lot of money on Xentry and I still have the same warning light.

It seems to me that the passenger seat emulator is the most likely cause of the issue. I think it’s one where they reused the plug from the seat sensor. Should I wire the seat sensor back in?

Thanks
Yes, in this case disconnect emulator and connect original plug back and check again.
Old 03-09-2024, 09:22 AM
SPONSOR

Received 836 Likes on 648 Posts
WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by randall977

Thanks
should have bought BenzNinja and it would have been solved already...
Old 03-12-2024, 07:21 PM

CL55
Okay, I’m getting somewhere with this - thanks to the Xentry…which I’ve just about learnt to use.

I managed to get the error codes to show again and my SRS problem is code 9103 - Driver ignition circuit containing component R 12/3 (drivers squib airbag) resistance to high.

As I understand this is either a fault with the airbag itself or the wiring being damaged at the plug due to the movement of the adjustable steering wheel and the factory loom being too short. I did find that the previous owner had looped two yellow wires under the steering column - I reattached them - they appeared to be the airbag wires?

I have a spare airbag, but I’m a bit scared of it. Am I safe to measure the resistance at R12/3 and then compare it to the one on the car? I think that it should be 3 ohm.

If that checks out then I will test each wire down the column for continuity.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:49 PM

CL55
It seems that testing the resistance of the airbag might be a bit risky. Is there a way of checking if the airbag is okay without discharging it 😅?

Thanks