S-Class (W220) 1999-2006: S 320 CDI, S 320, S430, S 500, S 600

Picking up new s500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 06:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picking up new s500

Two questions,what is the best way for me to get new wheels?can i get new rims and use my new 17' tires?will mercedes give me any kind of trade in allowance?also can i upgrade to sirus at anytime?does this have to be done at mercedes?what is the cost?Thanks
Old 12-17-2004, 08:13 AM

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
07 GL450, 91 NSX, 12 Prius
Originally Posted by gellie
Two questions,what is the best way for me to get new wheels?can i get new rims and use my new 17' tires?will mercedes give me any kind of trade in allowance?also can i upgrade to sirus at anytime?does this have to be done at mercedes?what is the cost?Thanks
You are usually better getting another set thru mail order from Tire Rack or even a local wheel shop and keep the OEM in storage. Dealer have limited selection and you will guarentee play heavy heavy markup on wheels.

If you like a sportier look AMG's / Sport package wheels are 18". 18" 19" or 20" look much sportier. so plan to get new tires too.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:29 PM

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts
BMW M850i Gran Coupe
Originally Posted by gellie
You're always better off getting wheels and tires (especially AMG) from aftermarket suppliers. The Benz dealers include a substantial surcharge for the "luxury" of shopping at the franchise. As far as Sirus is concerned, mine was installed in March of this year (O4) by the dealer. They charged me the "sticker" price ($675?) and it was fully integrated into the Command system as if it were a factory install. I can't imagine paying much less and getting a built-in system. I might mention that the Sirus is SO good that I seldom listen to cd's, much less AM-FM. It is truly the system of the future.