S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New LS 460 seen testing in Europe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 12:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes all the way!
toyota avalon?? erm, dude, look here:
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/ToyotaAvalon/

you've got a good crack supplier, digital_b.

let's start with the flanks. there is NO upward-curving, subtle character line; the door handles are below the the strong character line; the C-pillar is a DIRECT COPY of the VW Phaeton's C-pillar; sure the boot is raised a little and curves outward - that's probably a copy of the current W211 - and has already seen service in cars as diverse as the Honda City to the CLS to the Maybach.

look at the interior - yes, the screen is next to the instrument panel, BUT that is because legislation now requires it to be there and has nothing to do with design considerations. if you think the colour combi looks like the W221 - that's because it's a copy of the current W220 colour combi (which toyota has liberally been using on its models as well as on lexus). and the usage of silver strips to denote where to press to open a compartment is, again, a direct copy of Merc, right down to the slightly oval design.

can't believe i wasted so much time comparing a car which looks nothing like the other. sigh, i'm becoming a fanatic.

however, actually i think the GS DOES bear a little resemblance to the W221 - there's the subtle upward flanks (initially seen on the Mitsu Grandis - developed when it was part of DaimlerChrysler), the door handles (copied from Merc), keyless-go buttons and handles (copied from Merc), and line across the boot (copied from Merc). but the C-pillar is, this time, a combi of BMW and VW. not surprising they look similar, then.

anyway, i'm sure the toyota/lexus guys are busy measuring every millimetre of the W221 at the Frankfurt Motor Show right now.

Last edited by ruykava; 09-17-2005 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
The cars just dont feel stable over speeds of 80mph where as German cars do.
This should be made into Jay Leno list !!!

I think if we keep going, soon we'll see post from you that "The LS doesn't feel stable at speed over 30mph".
Old 10-03-2005, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will say that the dash is a close resemblence to my 750li, I wont even deny that. However the S does a far better job on the execution of the interior than BMW did with the new 7er.

...and If Lexus copies the new S, they'll also do a much better job by selling a finished product that works the 1st time around. There's no point in inventing the obvious if mercedes or BMW are planning to change the look of luxury I being a competitor would put my energy into improving thier design instead of inventing and reselling one of my own.

Lexus makes a better finished product and does it the 1st time around with less material, it may seem bland but it's mercedes' fault for not putting lexus out of business by producing cars that rank in the reliabilty range of a KIA.

Reality seems to be hard to swallow for a lot of people on this site, any chrysler redneck can make fashion statement with body panels and flares, but it takes true engineering to forsee the problems of a car 10 years down the road and fix it before it ever occurs.

Something Mercedes can't seem to do anymore ...and this coming from a previous diehard and now dis-hearted Mercedes fan.

Last edited by Braheem; 10-03-2005 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG E55, Stage 1, Strait Pipe from Primary Cats
Look,

digital b, braheem = tools without cars hating on a Benz forum. Avalon ? S Class ? You have nothing ? Here is your mode of transportation Oh yeah I almost forgot. pawk fied wice.
Attached Thumbnails New LS 460 seen testing in Europe-go.jpg  

Last edited by Vader55; 10-04-2005 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by Braheem
...and If Lexus copies the new S, they'll also do a much better job by selling a finished product that works the 1st time around. There's no point in inventing the obvious if mercedes or BMW are planning to change the look of luxury I being a competitor would put my energy into improving thier design instead of inventing and reselling one of my own.

Lexus makes a better finished product and does it the 1st time around with less material, it may seem bland but it's mercedes' fault for not putting lexus out of business by producing cars that rank in the reliabilty range of a KIA.

Reality seems to be hard to swallow for a lot of people on this site, any chrysler redneck can make fashion statement with body panels and flares, but it takes true engineering to forsee the problems of a car 10 years down the road and fix it before it ever occurs.

Something Mercedes can't seem to do anymore ...and this coming from a previous diehard and now dis-hearted Mercedes fan.
Go sit in a new S Class and then come talk to me. I have seen the new S class in person and sat in it. It is by far the most comfortable vehicle I have been in, even my 750li is not as comfortable.

If Lexus made a car that did not take so much exterior and interior designs from other manufacturers then I might consider one. Lets face it, there are many Lexus to Mercedes converts and just as many Mercedes to Lexus converts.

The S class will rewrite the history books for what Luxury is in this competitive segment, and Lexus will not be able to hold a candle to it.

I wonder why Lexus is not even slightly popular in Europe.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:05 AM

I wonder why Lexus is not even slightly popular in Europe.

Mercedes has over 80 years head start and not much to show for it other then a dash ripped out of a crown vic, instruments stolen from a 7 series and the quality control of a taiwan car manufacturer.

I truly hope Mercedes is coming back on track in the quality dept.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by benzondubz
Look,

digital b, braheem = tools without cars hating on a Benz forum. Avalon ? S Class ? You have nothing ? Here is your mode of transportation Oh yeah I almost forgot. pawk fied wice.
I've actually been thinking of getting a CLS55 until I came to this board, and I was planning on paying CASH for it, no loan slingin' I dont buy cars to make me look pimpin and take out a loan for the gas like some folks, so go make ur comments to someone else.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Braheem
I've actually been thinking of getting a CLS55 until I came to this board, and I was planning on paying CASH for it, no loan slingin' I dont buy cars to make me look pimpin and take out a loan for the gas like some folks, so go make ur comments to someone else.
Cash for a CLS55 ? please.. You do not list a car or an occupation because you have neither roach ? I earn a living in Real Estate which is quite lucrative in Socal. So stop fronting and get me a slurpee bitcch
Old 10-04-2005, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
what the **** Lexus has to do in W221 discussion anyways? Jap crap.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:49 AM

Cash for a CLS55 ? please.. You do not list a car or an occupation because you have neither roach ? I earn a living in Real Estate which is quite lucrative in Socal. So stop fronting and get me a slurpee bitcch
Is that whe I need to impress you, an occupation and a listing of the car I drive?

..and I'm the "bitcch"? you're the one sounding like a gold diggin' hoe.

so please again drop the personal insults
Old 10-04-2005, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
I just don't see them touching the Germans in the driveability department with their fairly short wheelbase. The cars just dont feel stable over speeds of 80mph where as German cars do.
One is designed for the American and Japanese roads and speed limits, and the other is designed to drive at speeds well in excess of 180mph.. (though usually governed to 155)..

It's all in the chassis engineering, and this is where the German cars smoke the Japanese cars.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

[QUOTE=Braheem]Is that whe I need to impress you, an occupation and a listing of the car I drive?

..and I'm the "bitcch"? you're the one sounding like a gold diggin' hoe.

so please again drop the personal insults[/QUOT

It's a start,Yes you are the bitcch, And I have a news flash for ya Waheeb ! Yes I am Impressed by seeing Fellow Benz onwers rides on the MBworld.org site you tool. Now back to your slurpee machine.

ps.As far personal insults are concerned, re-read your post's hypocrite

Last edited by Vader55; 10-04-2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:42 PM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2021 GLE 450
Look,

youre just another wannabe baller from the suburbs AKA a dork. I own an LS 430 ultra you tool and you dont own anything. so if you want to dis we can go there. but maybe you will have grown up by the time you comprehend this. I doubt it though.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:47 PM

2021 GLE 450
Originally Posted by ruykava
toyota avalon?? erm, dude, look here:
http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/ToyotaAvalon/

you've got a good crack supplier, digital_b.

let's start with the flanks. there is NO upward-curving, subtle character line; the door handles are below the the strong character line; the C-pillar is a DIRECT COPY of the VW Phaeton's C-pillar; sure the boot is raised a little and curves outward - that's probably a copy of the current W211 - and has already seen service in cars as diverse as the Honda City to the CLS to the Maybach.

look at the interior - yes, the screen is next to the instrument panel, BUT that is because legislation now requires it to be there and has nothing to do with design considerations. if you think the colour combi looks like the W221 - that's because it's a copy of the current W220 colour combi (which toyota has liberally been using on its models as well as on lexus). and the usage of silver strips to denote where to press to open a compartment is, again, a direct copy of Merc, right down to the slightly oval design.

can't believe i wasted so much time comparing a car which looks nothing like the other. sigh, i'm becoming a fanatic.

however, actually i think the GS DOES bear a little resemblance to the W221 - there's the subtle upward flanks (initially seen on the Mitsu Grandis - developed when it was part of DaimlerChrysler), the door handles (copied from Merc), keyless-go buttons and handles (copied from Merc), and line across the boot (copied from Merc). but the C-pillar is, this time, a combi of BMW and VW. not surprising they look similar, then.

anyway, i'm sure the toyota/lexus guys are busy measuring every millimetre of the W221 at the Frankfurt Motor Show right now.

fool you can run but you cannot hide from the facts. the s class looks like a bigger avalon with a 7 series interior. doesnt matter if you dont like the comparison because I dont care. you morons who think that because you buy a DC product and are then somehow superior just dont get it. MB doesnt give a damn what you or I think because if they did they would hire a styling department and open an office in japan and figure out some original styling and how to get the electronics to be RELIABLE. yes it sucks to spend all that money and yet see yourself passed by by a car thats twice as reliable at half the price [avalon] and which hit the road FIRST and your car resembles it. oh well. do you think I care that my car resembles a previous gen s class? not a bit. and its more reliable than ANY mb product. I dont 'hate' on your precious car. I allow you to do that when its in the shop. again.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:49 PM

2021 GLE 450
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
what the **** Lexus has to do in W221 discussion anyways? Jap crap.

you own an ML and call ANYTHING else crap? douche.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by digital_b
youre just another wannabe baller from the suburbs AKA a dork. I own an LS 430 ultra you tool and you dont own anything. so if you want to dis we can go there. but maybe you will have grown up by the time you comprehend this. I doubt it though.
Got the Pink on my S5 homo. what now bitcch ?
Old 10-04-2005, 03:54 PM

2021 GLE 450
Got the Pink on my S5 homo. what now bitcch ?

sure you do. your dads junk title 00 my s junker. grow up dork.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by digital_b
sure you do. your dads junk title 00 my s junker. grow up dork.
That's pretty funny. now go smoke some more pole digital bj.
Old 10-04-2005, 06:25 PM

ps.As far personal insults are concerned, re-read your post's hypocrite
Please quote a personal insult of mine before you posted a scooter / bicycle pic.

BTW.... posts = plural whereas post's = possessive. I dont need to re-read anything other than your post's
Old 10-04-2005, 06:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Alright, guys. Lets all stop the bashing now. We are all grown adults here.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
Alright, guys. Lets all stop the bashing now. We are all grown adults here.
I'm not so sure about that... did you follow those last few posts?
Old 10-04-2005, 08:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yall are acting like kids right now.
Stop insulting other members.
Thread closed.