S-Class (W221) 2007-2013: S 320 CDI, S 350, S 450, S 500, S 550, S 420 CDI, S 600
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Frankfurt Auto Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SL 550
Frankfurt Auto Show

I have just spent two days at the IAA; featuring the official Premiere of the S-Klasse. WOW !
I love the car. I have a million pictures, but none better than what we have seen here on this board. I must say, I love the look and the quality. The seats are amazingly comfortable, better than the 220 which I have owned.
They had an entire area to demonstrate new technology: DistronicPlus, Pre-Safe, Post-Safe, Night vision. etc I was not impressed with night vision, you had to take eyes off road to use it. The rest of the features are awesom. The new NAV is a major step forward.

Ken Pyle
Old 09-29-2005, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Lorinser Edition CL600 (SOLD)
Now that you've seen the car in the flesh, do you think it will beat the Bentley Continental Flying Spur in terms of exterior style which will compete with the new S600? I have not seen the S-class in person, whereas I have seen the Bentley. As fars as interior fit and finish (never mind the technical wizardry), I don't see how Mercedes will ever compare.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by CLFREAK
Now that you've seen the car in the flesh, do you think it will beat the Bentley Continental Flying Spur in terms of exterior style which will compete with the new S600? I have not seen the S-class in person, whereas I have seen the Bentley. As fars as interior fit and finish (never mind the technical wizardry), I don't see how Mercedes will ever compare.
The new S65 will be in the same price range as the Bentley ,even better comparison.